February 17, 2010

school daze

Howdy! Well I am excited about this post!

On Saturday, the day of the Wedding, Josh's Aunty let him and 12 other guys come and wait at her place for a taxi on the proviso that they must drink all her beer. Josh thought that was rather generous of her so he wants to give her some flowers tonight! While we are in the area (Williamstown) we are going to have some dinner there! It is a sunny 27 here in Melbourne - sounds like perfect weather for some fish 'n' chips on the beach! :D sooooooo exciting! I haven't done that since i was a youngster. Well.. maybe high school...

Speaking of high school.. Williamstown happens to be the suburb in which I attended high school. I have some awesome memories of those days, between 1999 and 2004! In fact, going to Willi always makes me think and feel like i'm back in school so I have been naturally thinking about it all day! I have I guess a love/hate relationship with school. The people were mostly great, the staff and atmosphere were good, my personal life was fun but there was so much bullshit. Like bitchy girls and self esteem issues and trying to be cool *shudder at the thought*

I have made somewhat of a montage of all my biggest obsessions in those high school days. You may need to click on it to enlarge it. But here, in random order, for your pleasure:

What can I say? Dr. Pepper, how I loved being able to buy you from anywhere. Lip Smackers - oh what a large collection I had of you! I even had a Dr. Pepper flavoured one! God damn i wish i still had that!! I can't recall how many hours of my life were actually spent playing the SIMS or watching the Scream series over and over again. 10 things i hate about you and Clueless are just two of the movies i could still recite off by heart.
Remember the Nokia 5110? Playing Snake for what seemed like hours?? I also remember taking sick days off school so i could stay at home and play Pokemon on Gameboy all day. How my brothers seethed with jealousy when they got home. I also went through a huge RAINBOW phase where just about everything i wore was either brightly coloured or rainbow striped. Not even joking. This includes those Rainbow Toe Socks you can see in the montage. I still have my Rainbow umbrella which is pretty kid-sized, but I just can't let it go. I remember one day a girl I worked with at McDonalds (4 year stint aww yeah) accused me of being a lesbian because i wore so much rainbow so I cut it right back to almost wearing none. I don't really know why, there's nothing wrong with being gay and i loved to wear colourful clothes so much. *shrug* Teenagers are lame. Glad all that's over!
I remember the days in Grade 6 and Year 7 when you were measured by your stationary collection rather than who you were as a person. I remember one excercise in Year 7, we had to write one nice thing about each person in the room on a little bit of paper, then they all got collected and handed out to the respective person. I got at least 5 "Nice shoes" and a few "you have cool pens". It's weird that I can't remember the ACTUAL compliments, just the materialistic ones. Jesus man, school was so materialistic. Everyone was always trying to wear the best Aussie Surf Brands... Quicksilver, Roxy, Billabong... hahaha i would never wear that now...
Anyway I am hoping to focus on the nice stuff and have a great dinner and will report back tomorrow. What were your fave things in high school?

No comments:

Post a Comment