February 4, 2010

NFL etc...

Let's put aside the embarrassing fact that I have been calling it NRL for a few weeks. What I have been meaning to say this whole time is AMERICAN FOOTBALL....aka NFL...

Josh and a few mates have been watching NFL lately and as the Superbowl is coming up VERY soon, Josh decided to buy a regulation sized NFL ball. I call it the "Pigskin", but it's not really made of skin, it's synthetic - which means Hayden can play with it too (as you should remember he is Vegan). Side note: I remember when haydo was house-sitting for someone and they had a brand new black leather couch, but he sat on the floor instead :P

Anyway last weekend it was a lovely summers day so we packed the esky, grabbed the ball and walked down the road to the park. Here are a few shots of that glorious afternoon...


As you can see i was not participating. I had a Hen's night to get ready for and had painted my nails, so I sat back and sunbaked and drank myself a beeru. After a while some little kids came up wanting to know if they could play with the big kids. So the boys let them, and after a while Maki killed one of them...

Look at that sick fuck laughing about it! Nah the kid didnt really die. Maki grabbed him and spun him around, but as he was lowering him to the ground, the kid squirmed and fell. He lay like that for a while. It was alarming. Maki was serious until i approached with the camera and then he lol'd.



So also, lately i have been a little...what's the word... oh yeah OBSESSED with veganism. I have been cooking vegan dinners, and have been glued to vegan blogs, and have made word documents of all the best looking vegan recipes i can find so that I might cook them later. The other day I went on a little expedition in my lunch break to "Habib Wholefoods" on Flinders Street get a few choice ingredients. It used to be called Flinders Organics, but the name changed. It still looks exactly the same though :)

This was me studying my new things on the tram on the way back to work. The Tempeh is for either of these 3 things: Vegan "meatloaf", Vegan tempeh/mushroom burgers, or vegan "meat pie". Will definately fill you in cos i am super pumped to make these and MORE! That packet of Tempeh cost $5.95... just letting you know. Special foods are not cheeap. The Cheezly was even more expensive - it was $7.95... and it's not that big! I bought it for dinner last night - we had a Mexican feast to celebrate Maki's 23rd Birthday!

Didn't take many photos, but Hayden did and might be putting them on his blog, not sure! I did take this photo of the beans:
It was super delicious. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 comment:

  1. 2 things: 1. hayden is my hero!! and 2. HAHAHAHA (at maki killing the little kid)

    i want a vegan meat pie!

    ReplyDelete