July 2, 2009

stripes and jives


This is the image haunting my dreams. I just bought 3m of this faux zebra hide to recover a little mini chair thing i got for $7 from Savers. I am in the brainstorming phase right now trying to work out what i should do with it, whether i should customise it etc. Given that I have never re-upholstered a chair before, i feel quite out of my element and am really just surfing the net looking for DIY tips and pictures. Hopefully i can in turn shed some light on the subject after i have finished. Or if it all goes horribly wrong i can set fire to it ceremoniously on the front lawn... just like the bogans do. Anyway I am about to head off to ROCK AEROBICS at a bar in fitzroy! I am the least fit person in the world, but this seems more fun than anything. Basically you jump around to 80's rock music and do silly dancing. Should be... interesting to say the least. I pinched Josh's Iron Maiden t-shirt and also his dead kennedy's one so that i look the part. He never wears the DK one so thats OK. i'd wear mine but i sadly had to throw it away recently. It put up a good fight but the fashion devil finally managed to clutch it from my body... which admittedly became easier each time i wore it because the sleeves were torn almost all the way off and there were holes all over it. And these weren't the designer holes strategically placed to look punk... these were for realz. i raped that shirt. RIP. anyway rock aerobics - i hope i get to take some photos, but i might be in danger of getting moonwalked on! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment