July 1, 2009

dirty pillows x 2

oh em gee! Yesterday was my birthday and I got to do whatever I wanted during the day, so we visited 3 Op-shops and hit the home decoration jackpot! The best part is that at the op-shop where i found those other dirty pillows, i found ANOTHER CREEPY ONE. It's made by the same brand or whatever, but the design is different. very...different:



That's right. elephants. wearing blankets. picking flowers. spurting water. it's all there. i should research vintage pillows one day, i bet someone would pay a lot for these... i think... heck i don't know! At this op-shop i also found a variety of creepy stuff which reminded me of that "thrift-store horror" blog. examples:



Classic creepy clown, complete with hitler facial hair.


I can't imagine why anyone would want a fat ugly walrus statue in their possession. Although i did buy those eyesore pillows so perhaps i don't have the moral high-ground on this one...


Strategically placed pricing sticker - i saw all the volunteers eating pizza out the back, and one or two looked cheeky enough to give someone like me a chuckle.

Spaced out tiger - one too many cookies from the 'special' cookie jar


Just an innocent cute little cat statue? Well looks may be deceiving from the front, turn it around and...............................


AHHH! What the fuck man!? YUCKY! YuckkYYKYKYKYKYKYKYKYK! "I need somewhere to store my toothpicks, and/or serviettes, and/or anal thermometer... Gee wizz where can i put it..? if only i had a tiny porcelain statue of a cat with an opening somewhere for storage..." yeah fucked.

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha
    I was just saying to the flatmates the other day, why does no one wear the square mo? Yea there's the bad connotation, but Hitler wasn't the only famous person to be sporting it! Charlie Chaplin anyone?! Where do you go to op shop? I found some good ones by mistake... looking for Fitzroy & ending up in Brunswick, something ignorant like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well as i live on the west siiide i usually go to the big ones in Hoppers crossing. The Salvation Army on Old Geelong Road is awesome for nick nacks and furniture because nobody in Werribee wants vintage stuff haha. In fitzroy that shit would be outta there! Also I go to Savers in footscray a bit. I am trying to expand further but i am so lazy with travelling far. I'm thinking i'll check out the Geelong scene soon :)

    ReplyDelete