July 23, 2009

my lunch-time adventure

I didn't have any left overs for lunch today so I had to purchase some. My friend in Perth (note to self: create a blog entry about our unusual friendship) is always emailing through comics and games and stories (oh my!) and challenges in order to keep the day entertaining.

Today we loosely decided on playing a game involving our lunch purchases and photographing them as a competition. In hindsight, I'm not sure it can really be called a competition nor challenge, and makes about as much sense as Silent Hill which i watched last night for the first time (note to self: post about how fucked it is)... but anyway that's what I like about Daragh (that's his name) - nothing has to make sense!

So I dared him to take photo of himself physically purchasing the lunch, if possible to get the shopkeeper in the shot. Do people still use the word shopkeeper? Or is that totally 1800's? Whatever. I didn't really get a dare... i kinda just decided to photographically document my whole lunch adventure. So here it is:















This is the shop I wanted to go to. It is called Don Don and is on Little Lonsdale Street in Melbourne. It only takes about 5 mins to walk there, and they have amazing Japanese food at BARGAIN prices. Their menu is restricted to about 8-10 items, and the prices of those mains are between $6.00 and $8.50. Also they produce your meal before you even zip your wallet up or look for a table. Not even joking it has to be the fastest take-away in melbourne!! Well i forgot to take a photo of the shop so i got these off a food review website :P

My journey begins with me walking up Queen street. Here is my shadow:

My shadow is pretty good, it's more well behaved than that of say... Peter Pan. If i had a shadow like his, i'd stand in the shade so i wouldnt have to deal with it. shadow abortion. Anyway i'm wearing a satchel bag - that is not an enormous ass/thigh or whatever it looks like.
next is a giant..

across from don dons there is this creepy little alleyway which i have never noticed before, so once i picked up my lunch i wandered over for a gander, and saw some cool graffiti...



That done, I walked back swinging my bag of delicious teriyaki chicken don as i whistled away


until i saw this condom on the pavement outside the back door to my office - no sexual inuendo inferred. totally doesnt look used. i should have tasted it to make sure. dont want people wandering around bumping into comdoms (lol) all the live long day. hmm thats an idea for a new cutting edge super hero..


Back at the office to tuck in!


Check out my mad chopstick skills, awww yeah baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment