September 9, 2009

jitterbug (click click)

Ok something weird just happened! The girl next to me at work said "Oh wow, today is 09/09/09!!!" and i looked at the digital clock on my screen and it said 9:09am. I started to scream and go "its 9:09!!! its 9.09!" and she was confused for a bit, then realised.

A similar yet not so similar AT ALL thing happened the other day on the train. I was listening to the Ricky Gervais podcast and had been on the train maybe 5 minutes until we got to the next station, and RIGHT as he said the word "MIDGET" a midget / dwarf man sat down across from me. I'm lucky i can control my laughter and my smile. If i was in highschool still that shit would have been impossible to control. i probably would have been in a fit of giggles, cos highschool girls are weird like that. When i was in Japan in November with the 5 boys, Josh had put Ricky Gervais on my iPod and told me to listen to it if i needed a laugh. One night in Tokyo we were staying in a unisex capsule hotel, and we all went to bed at the same time. I was still a bit awake so i thought I'd give Ricky a go. I settled down in my curtained capsule to listen to my very first episode (which was actually season 3?!) and i have never had such a hard time stifling my laughter. I was covering my mouth and shaking and giggling, and coincedentally Trav thought I was crying so he popped his head in to see if i was ok, and i wiped the tears from my eyes and explained the situation. For the next 2 weeks Trav and Corey kept borrowing my iPod to listen to the podcasts at every opportunity - in bed, on the train/tram/bus, walking, chilling. They were nuts for it. It's funny cos there would be silence and then a "hahahhaha!!"... It was funnier on the train because the Japanese people thought we were a bit crazy.

Anyway, last night i was chilling out on the couch watching TV. I watched "20 to 1" - this week it was a countdown of the top 20 people who have had 15 mins of fame. There were about 5-6 stories that took place in my lifetime where people had a huuuge burst of fame.... and i did not even know who they were. I was watching it feeling like some hermit who doesn't even know the DEFINITION of "pop culture" and i was learning history after emerging from the cave. There were 2 aussie guys who robbed a bank in Colorado and got caught, there was a QLD singer who kidnapped herself, there was Susan Boyle from 'Britain's Got Talent' or something, and Jade (Goody?) from UK big brother. It was a massive story about how she rose to fame, made some racial slurs, then got diagnosed with Cervical Cancer and withered away to a skeleton before she got married and died soon after. It was awful. I had totally no idea that she even existed and it seemed half the world were devastated by her death. It was a strange sensation.

I also watched a bit of what i pretend was called "the Bachelor - man in uniform". i know that it wasn't but it was along those lines. Anyway the Bachelor and this one particular lady said "like" so frequently that it was almost a joke. It was unreal. Ok, anyway i am going now, good-boo

No comments:

Post a Comment