September 23, 2009

blah blah blah

the other day i was on the train reading a graphic novel about zombies, the only problem was that it was an a4 sized book with big pictures and there were 3 nude scenes in the 45 minute journey. As it was a peak hour train there were people all around me and i felt as though they were checking out the nudity thinking i'm some kind of horny nerd. Plus sometimes the text goes really big like when someone is really angry and the words FUUUUCK YOOOUUU!!!!!!! or MOTHERRR FUCKKKERRRRR!!!! or ARRRRGGHHHH!!!! stand out quite a bit. When you are reading a novel and there is a sex scene you just roll with it. And if you start getting a little bit involved and find your nose touching the book, nobody REEEALLY knows what's going on. But if you find yourself with your nose pressed up against a nude couple in a sensual embrace in a post apocalyptic zombie town... then you're weird.


Actually that reminds me. I was reading these books by an author named Ryu Murakami. The first one i read was called "In the miso soup" and it was like a Japanese version of american psycho. Anyway some of the shit in that book was nasty and i was reading it on a crowded train thinking how lucky it was that people couldn't hear my thoughts. I'm talking decapitations and weird sex stuff. It's almost as weird as Crash by J.G Ballard *shudder*. Anyway my point is, i dont really have one but what the hell, i'm glad that "In the Miso Soup" wasn't a graphic novel. because it was very graphic. lol. end.

Lately I have been a bit obsessed with obentoos (japanese lunch boxes). I have one at home but have never used it! Then i stumbled across this website:
http://www.justbento.com/ which has like 70 different bento menus even including vego and vegan recipes! I plan to start making these for lunch, but man it takes a lot of effort. I don't eat asian food every night so it's hard to just put leftovers with a bit of rice and some veg. I will get there. Mark my words, i will get there..

No comments:

Post a Comment