September 30, 2010

dish 12) jamie oliver's chicken/potato roast

Well actually the recipe is called "Crispy and sticky chicken thighs with squashed new potatoes and tomatoes"... a little long don't you think? Anyway I was at the Grand Final BBQ last Saturday and the 'Jamie at Home' cookbook was open to this page on the bench:

Josh and I were drooling a little at the sight of it... after all it was 3pm and we hadn't had lunch! I knew that I had the same book at home so I made the dish last night for Josh and a vegan version for Hayden for when they got back from band practice at 10pm! Here's mine:



It lost some of the lovely green flecks in the cooking process, but I swear to you, it was orgasmic! I covered it in olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme, rosemary, a little basil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and threw a few unpeeled garlic cloves in for good measure. They are really yummy cooked like that! Everything was crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside. We all chowed down in silence except for the occasional "mmmm!!!" or "yum!", it was nuts! Haven't had a success like that since ratatouille or the re-make of the frozen chili con carne. Josh was so cute, he said "You really have a flair in the kitchen!" and i knew he was being sincere and complimentary but it did sound slightly 50's husband-ish so I told him to pat my fanny next time he says that. Poor Josh :) I agree Josh, I AM pretty amazing!
Also, 10 points if you saw the lemon pip in the photo sticking out like a sore thumb. YOU CAN'T UN-SEE IT NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment