September 21, 2010

fat tooshie!

Howdy gang-bangers! Firstly I'd like to shout out props to my boi Roo for becoming the newest follower of the subarizzle ba-lizzle! respect. No longer shall he lurk in the shadows singing along to the rasmus "I've been watching, I've been waiting, in the shadows..." crap song. crap song.

So anyway last night I made dish 10/52... a dish you may have seen around called FATTOUSH. It comes from Lebanon but I think a few other countries in the Levant have similar dishes. It fits nicely into the category of "summery salad" and is really delicious, here's some eye candy for you:

It's really dead easy to make, let me show you how:

1 round Lebanese bread
Vegetable oil for deep-frying (or you could oven bake it or pan fry it)
2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely diced (if very fresh, no need to peel)
2 tomatoes, finely diced
½ cup radish, finely diced
½ red capsicum, finely diced
½ green capsicum, finely diced
4 spring onions, finely diced
2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
½ cup parsley, finely chopped

Dressing:
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Basically you chop everything up, and then add the torn up bread at the end. Oh actually I added like 1 Tbsp of Sumac as well.

I found that recipe on the SBS website - lots of yummy international recipes from all their cool cooking shows! God i love that channel. Anyway, we ate our fattoush with fish, but i used Blue Grenadier for something a little different and it wasnt great. It turns out i'm not really a fan - it's a bit bland, but that's what this list is alll about hey? Trying new things, and deciding what i do and don't like! Turns out i fucking LOVE fattoush, and i imagine lamb and yoghurt would go beautifully with it :) this will be a fattoush summer i think!

Speaking of my list, my pergola is under construction! My dad is super busy so he has been fitting in the work on it here and there and now he is in Sydney helping his brother do some home reno stuff. When he gets back he will finish it off. But here are some pics of our first day of work:

My dad wanted me to show everyone his makeshift "plumb-bob" for getting a straight line, but after looking up what a real plumb-bob is, i don't know how accurate this double adaptor could be...


It has all posts in at the moment, and also the top beams and stuff but i just forgot to take a photo! I'll update later in the week!! I did actually help, as I specified in my list that I must! I carried one heavy post and put it in the hole, i also helped to measure it all out, and i held stuff and passed tools etc. There wasn't too much that I could do really, but I think dad appreciated my help nonetheless. We'll see what more I can do when he starts work on it again!
Oh look at this photo of Evan showing his approval of the pants...
Sneaky! I had Joshs's Sister's 21st on Saturday night and Josh made such a nice speech! Brought a wee tear to the eye :) It was a lovely set-up and there were 2 frozen daquiri machines and more booze than you could imagine.. so needless to say i got a little crunk. Friday and Saturday night both crunk nights. Sunday i was absolutely dead on my feet. Can't drink as much as i used to at 18 haha. Probably a good thing for my body though I would say :) So now I am running out of things to say today! Except I can't stop watching Skins and when I get paid I am going to rape and pillage Bunnings and Spotlight for all my upcoming projects WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment