September 22, 2010

frames and bunnies

Firstly, look at what I saw at the Vic Market yesterday....

I want to buy this rabbit, LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!!!!! I think it was looking out the corner of it's eye at me weeeee!!!! OMG Ok, calm down, calm down!

What I was really wanting to post about is picture frames. I have lots of photos which i want to display in my house, but I'm not 100% sure how I want to go about it. I could stick the photos themselves onto the wall in a big collage... or i could use lots of frames. I think I like the frame idea, but then the secondary question arises of what way to display them? A random cluster of different shapes and sizes...

Or a more uniform arrangement with similar frames and all lined up in rows?

Wow, i love the white floorboards :D *one day* ahem... I already have lots of frames from the op-shop so i guess i should use those and do a nice little cluster. I will probably go for the black and white look and might have to get some card to make faux mat board. I am excited! The only thing is, i think it would look more effective on a coloured wall but I am planning this for my hallway... which i don't really want to paint. It's not like a cool victorian style hallway, just a boring modern one. I will have to get cree-ay-tive!
I stumbled across this blog the other day while i was looking for pictures of the kitchen from the movie "It's Complicated". It's called Hooked on Houses and this woman is totally obsessed with houses and interior design. There is a section there for Movie and TV houses where she puts heaps of still shots and explanations and quotes from the set designers. I found out that the production designer for It's Complicated, Something's Gotta Give and The Holiday are all the same- which explains why when i saw the movies i was wowed each time. Great style! I haven't gone through it yet, but there is soooo much still to see. I hope to get some good ideas to add to my *dream house* collection of photos. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just came across your blog while looking for white floorboard images via Google and not only is the bunny so-cute!! but I love this look too! I don't normally post comments but your blog is great. ps. I'm an artist and designer who also loves bunnies. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete