September 27, 2010

Project Update

Wow, what a busy weekend!! My dad came back from Sydney and began work on the pergola again. It's pretty tall, and it was scary being up that wobbly ladder :S but it will be totally worth it when it's done :)

This is still very rough, and as i had to go out in the afternoon I didn't get a picture of where he got up to. He got all the top beams in place so now he just needs to tidy it all up and attach the roofing!

The fences are so low, if i stand on tip-toe I can see 4 backyards over. What is this, the 50's? Fuck man. I want to get extenders on the fence or put up some lattice for a bit of summer party privacy. Hoorah! Oh also, another thing I'm working on is the rabbit hutch in preparation for getting a wee rabbit! Once the pergola is done hopefully that will be the end of loud noises and i can safely get my bunny! So Josh's sister donated me this hutch, and as you can see, it needs a little bit of TLC...



Josh tells me that he made this years ago for the rabbit :) Even more reason to hold onto it and give it new life. I don't have big plans for it as yet because I have to focus on making a chicken coop BUT i plan to sand it back and tack down the chicken wire and give it a fresh coat of outdoor paint. I bought a similar colour because it looks so bright and happy! Will get onto that ASAP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment