September 28, 2010

jamie's clothing sale!

Well folks, I must tell you about one great thing I did on Sunday.... I attended Jamie's clothing sale! You are probably all like "uh, whatttttt???" so please allow me to explain! I think it is safe to say that my friend Jamie is a shop-a-holic (Jamie, if you would like to refute this, I will revoke the slander against your name!). She buys things only to wear them once, twice or not even at all. Her wardrobe is absolutely bursting with pretty dresses and nice jackets and bags! So about 6 months ago she decided that she needed to downsize. She was going to put each item on eBay and take photos and ship them all individually etc... but then she thought "who could be fucked!?" and decided instead to have a garage sale-esque affair to which her friends would come and purchase her unwanted items and give them a new home and a new life! So she held her first sale 6 months ago which, I am sad to say, I was too poor to attend after just buying my house and getting back on my feet.

BUT THEN!!!!! fortune smiled upon me when I received a text message on Saturday announcing that the very next day would behold yet another sale! After hearing good things about the first sale I was quite interested to say the least! Jamie had said that she didn't have everyone's numbers and forgot to put it on the net so there were only 4 of us there in the end. It was great for me because I got lots of nice things!! If you don't believe how cool it was, check out some of these reactions...



Well it certainly was rad! Once we arrived we were handed a glass of sparkling wine with strawberries in it, as well as a slice of berry cheesecake! There was this chilled ambient music playing in the next room and the place was decked out like a shop:


Everything we picked up we had to try on, and do a little fashion show! Amazing. I got 3 brand new handbags (volcom, forever new, valleygirl), a wallet (billabong), a dress (valleygirl), 2 button up plaid shirts, 3 cardigans, 2 skirts, and 2 or 3 jumpers all for about $50. Let me hear you say AMAZING!!! "AMAZING!!"

So now that I have some new bags and wallet, I can finally let mine retire...

Oh Batman wallet, I'm sorry to see you go. It's hard to believe you were once $20 from Dangerfield, after all the laughs we shared. I used to have a picture of Josh in you, from when he was in grade 3. He looked like Harry Potter. Every time I opened you at a shop people would either think I'd had a child very very young or I was a pedo. Josh didn't mind, he said the joke was on me. It all started to become clear to me how things were going when I took out my bank card only to find a sticky glue strip along it. I then noticed you were cheaply made and all of the card slots had exposed glue, and all of my cards became sticky and tacky. I put up with this for a long time, fervently wiping the glue off with my thumb before handing my card over to the shop assistant, then wondering if they had noticed the stickiness of the card. Of course they had. They all had. But I was loyal, i still flashed you around like you were some prize trophy. And for what? More glue? More strange looks? When the zip broke I knew... I knew I would have to say goodbye. You started spilling coins all in my bag, I couldn't handle it. It was just too much. Along came this $1 billabong wallet and I couldn't resist a break from the glue and the lost coins. I went for it. I'm sorry. This may just be a rebound wallet until I can find another to match your visual attractiveness, who knows? But I'm happy. I hope you understand.


Oh Dangerfield "China Doll" bag. You were my friend for such a long time! Again, your demise started early and kept going to the very end. Your beauty was such that veritable strangers would comment on you, and friends would confess they wanted to steal you from me. It started with the broken lining into which my possessions would slide, causing me to have minor panic attacks thinking I had lost my phone or iPod or paw paw lip balm. Then the leather straps started to crack from over-use, and somehow half a bandaid got stuck to the bottom of you and i was too grossed out to remove it. I pretended it wasnt there. Then the fabric on the outside started to tear, and I knew I had to find a replacement. Again, these bags may not touch as many people's hearts as you did, but for now i have a new lease on life and will always remember the places we went. RIP.

*love*
So ladies, let's all encourage Jamie to go shopping all the time so we have lots more amazing things to look at at her next sale!!! She thinks it will probably be in about another 6 months! So if you are australian sizes 10-14 BE PREPARED! Get your cashola ready and make sure you get in early to get some great bargains! Jamie is so appreciative of all the things we bought and I'm sure is excited for her next chance to downsize her collection and see her beloved items go to a new home :) This time I'll help promote it so she gets 100% of her stuff sold! Can't wait!! :D

1 comment: