April 16, 2010

tokyo drift

OK so last week I mentioned I'd be going to that drifting night, remember? Well I did. This was the invite, i love the colourfulnessity of it :)

So my little bro DK came to meet me in the city, and we went for a stroll to Chinatown to get some eats...

We had to stop for this photo-op...

No joke, that was the name of the restaurant! We then got to Shanghai Dumpling house in Tattersalls Lane, and had to wait maybe 5 mins for a seat and this was around 6pm. We ordered 15 steamed pork dumplings (accidentally...we actually asked for 8) and 8 fried chicken/prawn dumplings, as well as some chinese broccoli with oyster sauce and some noodles...






The last dumpling. We were seriously about to BURST! But my god, that place is amazing. The plate of 15 Pork dumplings was $5.80 or something! There was a line snaking up the street when we left! People were placing their orders in the line, it was bazonkers! Then we went for a walk around Chinatown and the city while we waited for Escobar to open. DK took some shots with his PROPER camera, not the old Brownie. He had said he was bringing his photobox on the night so naturally I assumed he was bringing the old box camera... silly silly. Here are some pics he took:


and one I took with his camera:

Yah so eventually we got inside and duuude, I was the biggest 'odd one out' everr! It was 95% guys, and everyone was dressed like my brother (baggy clothes, big shoes, caps...) plus nobody seemed to be very suave or conversational so when they came up to my brother they didn't even look at me wondering who I was or anything and just pretended I wasnt there. It was massive awkward. Sometimes DK introduced me though haha. Yeah but the video was amazing! Lots of cool music tracks, lots of silly shenanigans, lots of pretty camera work! My favourite parts were when the cars drifted in formation around corners. That. Is. Bonkers. I could never trust my driving and the driving of 2 other people enough to do that! But yes now I really want to drive my brothers car! Even though it is Turbo, thus illegal for me to drive... and for him to drive as well *tsk tsk tsk* but he is full of crazy ideas. I wont go into them all, but I really want to share the latest 'plan' he had...
Over dinner at the dumpling house he said "You know Jade, I was looking online at ways to make more money... and I got a good idea!". I said hesitantly "Oh yeah...? What is it?" to which he replied "You know those, like, buskers..?... Well they're not called buskers, but they have a cup and a cardboard sign...". To my shock and horror I realised he meant homeless beggars! He claimed that if he moved to Sydney or Brisbane he wouldn't know anyone and could happily beg his way into wealth. My.... God! Daniel, I still can't beleive it. I started laughing because I imagined the look on Josh's face when I would tell him later on. Silly Daniel, always keeping us entertained!
well, he already uses a shoelace for a belt so he's not far off the "beggar" look. haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment