April 15, 2010

new moon party and drifting

Pating, patong, patangatong! Hey Hop-a-long Cassidy! I had a really fun night last night at the NEW MOON screening at Maslin's house. Sure, it may sound lame to many of you, but who cares? Not meeeeee, that's who! I got to make all the lame jokes I could muster up - quickly followed by my own giggles and a few incredulous shakes of the head from around the table. Maslin* made an awesome lasagna for dinner, and of course I couldn't help myself and had to make reference to the quote "we're making italiano for you bella" from the first movie, and then I had to ask if anyone got my joke. They did.

*The lasagna was made by Maslin's mum - so technically a maslin did make it...

While we were waiting for dinner Michelle played the role of beatnik using my new 'beatnick cigarette holder'.



Very Audrey Hepburn, even though I really doubt hepburn was actually a beatnik. She just happened to have one in Breakfast at Tiffany's which was filmed around the time of the beatnik hype. And I don't associate those cigarette holders with beatnik culture anyway, i thought they were more like 1920's kinda scene. I don't really know.

Anyway, I also managed to get a DOUBLE edward photo. Pretty good.

Nobody wanted to get in a photo cuddling up to the poster cos they knew that photo would end up right here. Clever girls. There were even 2 boys there "much to their protest"... but they watched the whole thing with very little complaint. I'm onto you boys...

It was a night full of food and snacks, sighs, laughter, comparisons of whose face is stranger out of R-patz and taylor lautner, and hatred of k-stew- what more could I ask for? On my way out, I had to turn my car around so I started to execute a perfect 3 point turn utilising one of Maslin's neighbour's driveways. I kicked 'er into reverse, and was slowly releasing the clutch and slightly accelerating (as you do) when I almost stalled because of THIS! RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!!

Um, Maslin, were you aware that your neighbour is actually a vampire? I was not aware that a car dealership existed called "Blood Toyota"... maybe it's one of those exclusive motoring clubs just for vampeeries... in which case I wonder why they flaunt it on their cars? Probably just to rub my nose in it. Rrrrr!

Anywho.. tonight I am going to be having a rather unusual evening. It is perfectly normal, although it is not a sequence of activities I could have forseen myself partaking in. I like it. First, my little brother is coming to the city to meet me after work. This has never happened before. Then he and I are going to have dinner at Shanghai Dumpling House. Again, I don't know if we've ever gone out to dinner together before. THEN, my friends, THEN... we are going to the following event:
Now, I wouldn't say that cars are of particular interest to me. However, my brother DK happens to LOVE them. He has his mad skyline (pictured) which he is very proud of:
At one point he had a facebook album called "at the carwash" with about 90+ photos of his car at the car wash. It's kinda cute, but I still made jokes. He no longer has that album, I must ask him why :P Anyway he asked me to go with him so I though "why the hell not?". So tonight I will be rubbing shoulders with a bunch of rev-heads who I probably have nothing in common with. Well, I do know one guy in the movie. I used to work with him at my old job at the ZOO, and he has red hair and his name is Luke - more affectionately known as "Ginga". Poor guy. I ran into him when I was out one night and he told me that my mum (who now works at the zoo with him) gave him a Christmas card that said "Dear Ginga..." how embarrassing, I was mortified!

Anyway I'm sort of looking forward to this movie, as it's filmed in Japan and i think one of the Japanese crew will be there. I remember Luke telling me about his trip to Japan with his drifting crew, and he said that they bought cheap cars, drove them around until they were trashed, and then shipped the salvaged parts back home, oh and filmed this movie there of course. They stayed in the homes of Japanese drifter friends, and from the sounds of it had an amazing time! I might wake up tomorrow with a new found appreciation of fast cars. Although I'm sure a little part of me will still die when I'm in DK's car and it goes "tsu-tsu-tsu-tsuuuu" as he changes gears. Daniel said he will bring his camera tonight, but he doesn't mean his good one, i think he means this one:

hahaha will report back tomorrow!!
PS. Thanks for the Redskins Maslin, I'm eating one now, and it blasted me back to the canteen line at Primary School. Then i started thinking about Toffee Apple lollies :) mmmm

3 comments:

  1. i seem to remember ben protesting quote a bit jade hahaha. oh today i was sitting at my desk thinking about new moon and almost laughed out loud remembering the screaming and her inability to cry. great movie.

    ps ive seen sooooo many blood toyota cars, get out from under that rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i just started reading twilight.. should i read it all or piss it off?? :P I borrowed it from the library and it feels as those it has had its pages wet.. maybe the tears of a young tween longing to be in Edwards arms or something..this book feels like it has history...
    anyway should i continue! and forget about your edward die hard crush jadeapoo.. ps..-love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. continue it! i borrowed them all from maslin and they are good. much better then the movies

    ReplyDelete