April 7, 2010

easter weekend shenaniganz

Hello readers! long time, no see! My last post left a lot to the imagination, and what you didn't know was that I made some vegan bolognaise for dinner that night- and it was good. I mean real good! The next night my cousin Bec came over - all the way from the South of Australia just to sample that very sauce! Well, perhaps I like to imagine my food is that great, but the truth is she came to hang out with ME! So I guess i really am pretty good! I used the left over sauce and made a great vego lasagna! It was a delicious dinner, and the whole gang was there: Bec, Me, Josh, Hayden, Maki, and Mel... and of course Chester! Here is Bec showing off her new fashion accessory:

It's actually a type of fascinator primarily worn at the races, designed with the 'kitchen grater' theme in mind. Pretty chic if I do say so myself! I love the tomato sauce effect on the side - really makes it look like she just plucked it from the sink. Gorgeous! Here are a few more shots of how we spent our Easter Sunday...

chilling on the couch


watching in awe as the Dark Bunnies formed their ranks for an attack on the non-vegan easter chocolates. And here's me thinking that vegans were pacifists.. *shrug*

Went to visit my brothers and we got some fish and chips - about the only thing that was open on Easter Sunday around my place. $6 lunch pack awwwww yeah!

We may have spent some time at my dad's place skipping through scenes in Lord of the Rings to see Brett from Flight of the Conchords, followed by an easter egg fight - 2 of which got wedged under my brothers caboose and remainded there until melted and then had to be removed by my little bro. This happened twice more at my place. Mercy me!

This is my old thermostat from my car. My dad had a look at it when my car kept overheating and said it was definately broken. Having never seen a thermostat before I wasn't sure how he could tell that from simply looking at it... but i'd say the rust is a pretty good indicator.

I had my family over for a roast on Easter Sunday night, and mum brought us over these frankenstein easter eggs that she made in a mold. Basically she melted some chocolate and stirred in the following:
1) Freckles
2) Ferrero Rocher
3) Guillian Seashells
4) Fantales
Maybe some rice bubbles too. I don't know. It's the craziest egg ever. I dissected it so you can see one of the ferrero rochers (my fave) which i promptly popped out and scoffed!

This little gem was taken last night. Maki is having his family dog Oscar over for a visit for a few days and I managed to get a shot of both the animals together. They are strange.. they are semi-ignoring eachother. Oscar is a bit wary of Chester, he has a few hang-ups due to being beat up by feral cats a lot in his youth. How tragic! Chester, i think, just kind of wishes Oscar would go away or make a friendly gesture to seal the deal. They don't really even look at each other, it is strange. 10 POINTS IF ANYONE CAN GUESS WHAT I WAS WATCHING

This is me starting my career in either Private Investigative work... or as a stalker. 'Professional' stalker..? serial stalker?? Whatever. I was walking behind these dudes this morning on my way to work and couldn't help but notice the kid had on this fucking crazy back-pack. I didn't want to stare directly into its felt eyes or else it might suck my skin clean off my body leaving a muscly bloody nightmare strolling along the Melbourne streets! Lucky for me they ducked into a child care centre mere seconds after I took the picture so i was spared... this time.
Stay tuned for some more strange pictures and stuff. After listening to so many podcasts and interviews with strangers lately I am overwhelmed with this sense that I could, nay SHOULD, interview strangers on my blog. This way I can be fascinated by people in REAL TIME, and also share some of Melbourne culture with y'all. However i don't think i look so credible with my point and shoot Sony digi-cam. Maybe if I had one of those big 'fuck-off' lenses people would think I was credible and actually let me photograph them. Maybe i should start small by interviewing people I know, and then progress to randoms at the tram stop. Hey i work at a back-packer hostel so there is plenty of interesting material right under me! just you wait....

5 comments:

  1. i like those lindt bunny pictures!!!!
    interview that guy from that blog "vegan strength" if you can get a hold of him, ive heard he's pretty elusive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett's in Lord of the Rings???

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah he's one of the elves, in the scene where frodo is like "i will take it!" (it being the ring) and everyone starts offering their bow or axe. he has no facial hair and looong elvish hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought he was the one that held the horse for Arwen? when she saw that she was going to have a son with aragorn? excuse my nerdiness...

    ReplyDelete