April 12, 2010

200thpostextravaganza

OK KIDS, GRAB YOUR SUNDAY BEST, IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!! This post is a momentous one for it is the 200th post I have written here on subarashiiblog!!!!!!!!!!! Hoorayzzzzz! If i discount all the shit posts that you read and think "......why?" then maybe this is only my 60th or something haha. First before I get down to business, I'd like to say something to everyone:
yay! Thank you for reading! I have always loved writing and this is a great outlet for my fetish, and it's even better that you seem to enjoy it! I just can't, i just can't, i just can't stop typing weeeee! Maybe i'll move to a town where the local priest won't let people blog or write, and then I'll corrupt the town and they can make a movie about me, and in the final scene i'll be typing furiously to 80's tunes in some dingy LAN party that I help organise, and then it freezes on me picking my nose or something. PRINT IT! That's what people say yeah? Print it? *shrug*

OK, this post is indeed an extravaganza, however I like to think of it as more of a... Rat King:




I heard about this for the first time on 30 Rock, it's basically a tangled mess of rats that get stuck together and join into one giant ball of disease infested rodents. hot.

The first diseased rat in this rat king post is this:


On the weekend i was doing a little vaccuming and saw that the 1981 version of Clash of the Titans was on TV. I saw the new one last week so i thought i'd check it out. It is so corny!!! They have like claymation monsters. Above is medusa! She looks a little different to the one in the new movie - the one Hayden thinks is hot. haha.

SECOND!!! I saw my childhood idol Pauly Shore do dome stand up on Saturday night:




wow! Poor guy is a little washed up these days and kept making jokes about it which was le awkward. I was going to stick around after the show as he was signing pictures and taking photos etc, but there were sooo many people in line- half of whom were drunk bogan skanks and I really didn't feel like hanging out amongst them. Plus I would have been so nervous to meet him that words would have failed me and I would have looked like a rabbit in the headlights in the picture!
THIRD! I got to cooking and made some VEGAN CARROT GNOCCHI for dinner last night. Let's watch:



While I made the gnocchi, Hayden made the pesto. That's a victory pose there in the background.

then Hayden demonstrated his ability to wear Chester like a scarfe. Surely this goes against some sort of Vegan code??

once you have boiled the carrots, you have to sautee them with a bit of onion. Once that's done you BLEND:

then add some flour until you have a dough-like consistency

Then roll out into thin tubes and cut into little gnocchis

here are my gnocchi:

Then you have to boil them a few at a time until they float. Then I plunged them into the icy depths of some icy water. Then i ROASTED them:

Then I added them to the pesto sauce...

voila!

truth is... they were pretty rich. I followed a recipe that said it served 4. However when i looked at the amount of gnocchi, I was horrified to find it only looked like 2 serves. Luckily for me Josh and Maki didn't want to eat. So Hayden and I got some wine glasses of green cordial (i call it toxic sludge) and filled our bowls with delicious pesto carrot gnocchi and started eating rather enthusiatically. that only lasted a few mouthfuls because the carrots were so sweet that it became rather overpowering. Josh ended up eating a bit of mine, and Hayden only got through maybe half of his small bowl before we were all full and couldn't eat any more. Maybe next time i'll stick to plain old potato gnocchi. Or maybe just strand pasta - myyyyyyyy favourite! :D

FOURTH! Josh said that in 1 month I can shave part of his head! YAY! Today he started his 1 month teaching placement at a local Primary School, so he said it will have to wait until after that. I am quite excited because I happen to dig partially-shaved head/mohawk type do's. Exhibits A through C:
Exhibit A: Tim McIlrath (singer of Rise Against). I have a mad crush on this man... *sigh*

Exhibit B) Robert de Niro in Taxi Driver (1976) - coolest he's ever looked..

Exhibit C) I'm saving the best til last here... Jackson Rathbone (aka Jasper from Twilight)
Helllooooooo Jackson! *wink* haha I'm still in crush territoty with this guy. I wish he looked more like this in the movies, and not so Edward Scissorhands-ish. A girl can dream...
Josh was thinking of shaving his head completely anyway, so he is seemingly enthusiastic about this epic shave-off idea of mine. The only problem now is that he has started talking again about ME shaving my head (or part of it). he never lets up about this. I happen to think i could 100% NOT pull off this hairdo. I once tried a straight fringe and was mortified at how bad that was.... i don't think i can deal with a shaved head. I think i would have to be in ultra skinny territory to rock that look and that is not going to happen as i love my food and lady lumps waaay too much :)
In my search for pictures of Tim McIlrath, i found this one which made me laugh:
haha, looks like he is about to shit out a chainsaw, or a stream of monsters! He would still be awesome.
Well guys thanks for reading this, my 200th post, and may Edward Cullen be with you...
Stay tuned for more cool postssss! I have some great ideas a-brewin!

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about getting some really drastic bizarre haircut that is totally not something I would even like and then just wear it like it ain’t no thing until people get used to it and actually start to think it does suit me. Buuuut my boss might object. So you should do it! OWN that half shaved head jade!! MAKE it suit you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HAPPY 200TH POST JADE!
    Rat pile is so gross its not funny but the cat mad scarf and gnocchi is a winner for me!!! what happened to your tom gabel crush?? now his a hottie!!


    P.S Saw pauly shore on some morning show this morning and wanted to get all his movies straight away...... but didnt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the ticket didn't go to waste. Thanks for taking it and thanks for loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg how could i forget tom??? ahhhh :(

    ReplyDelete