March 9, 2010

daftly diy: chalkboard dressing screen

So in my usual slow-paced fashion i picked up working on my DIY project again. If you can't cast your memory back to the B.C. Days when i started it... the original tale is here. So with the long weekend ahead of me i thought there was no better time than the present to finish off my BLACKBOARD DRESSING SCREEN!!

I was 95% finished, and just had to apply one more coat of blackboard paint and once it had dried, nail it into place into the recesses of the screen...

those were the little tacks i used, very cute. I don't look at handyman-ship the same way as normal people. nails are cute and sandpaper is just misunderstood. if only people could look past its rough exterior...

But i digress, here is my completed screen:


i have to think of something to do with the back now. i didn't realise i had somehow gotten paint on the crisp white underside. i still don't know how i managed to do it..

Also, although it doesnt fit in with the rest of the post, i saw this on the Astor Poster in the bathroom and had a bitovalol.

what. the. fuck. i can't say i have really seen Robert Pattinson act. I have seen him in harry potter but simply can't remember his performance. i cant imagine him playing salvadore dali. It is hard to look at him though. i wish i didnt know what "edward" looked like in movie form before i read the twilight books. i would have painted a very different edward in my head, that's for shizz. although because he is EDWARD i am in love with him a bit. a lot. i would die for him. mlit. not really but it does keep me extremely happy when reading about it or hurriedly and quietly talking about it with my fellow twilight friends. speaking of which, i am on my way to the end of the last book. what will i do after it...? i'll tell you what. the movies, thats what. then, i suppose i'll throw myself off a cliff and hope for Carlisle to come to the rescue and change me. sadly, and very unexpectedly MLIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment