October 25, 2010

my first macaroon

I was walking around le Victoria Market on Friday in my lunchbreak, and I saw these at the French bakery:

How could I resist?? I didn't even see the chocolate ones in the back until I checked the photo later, as these bright ones had me hypnotised! I'd never had a macaroon before- even though they are on my list of things to cook and i had pretty much already decided i loved them. I went with a safe option just in case... strawberry with strawberry white gold creme:

How pretty are they?! I'm pretty sure it was $2.70 or $2.90 but it was worth it. It was really nice, but the thought of the sugar still makes my teeth hurt. I have sensitive teeth *blush* I want to be able to make these purely for the pleasure of doing so... but i don't know if mine would be as nice, or if they would just taste like egg white and sugar...? Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment