October 26, 2010

more DIY updates - shabby chic (shit) mirror

Herrooo! It occured to me that I have lots of un-addressed topics on here. Ages ago I decided I wanted everything WHITE!!! I have lots of found or donated furniture and it was all different wood stains and the combination of all of those stains was staining my eyeballs RED! So i mentioned the kitchen stools, here is the mirror before:

Yes, it was pretty nice in the first place, but my nature is to destroy. Destruction is the greatest form of creation as they say! So I planned to try my hand at some DIY shabby chic. Maki calls it "Shabby shit"... clearly it's not his prefered decor! I didn't want to take a photo earlier because I hadn't removed all of the tape from the mirror and i hadn't cleaned it. But then I thought "fuck it" and took a picture or 3 last night!


You may notice some purple tape remenants as well as some heinous smudging near the top of the mirror. I do not apologise for these things, nor do I apologise for the fact that I am wearing TRACKIES ie. my cooking/lounging clothes in the photo. Bogan. I know. Hey, we're among friends here aren't we? I'm comfortable with you, this blog is like a sleepover that you can't leave. I've cracked it and gone crying to my parents, and for some reason they can't get hold of your parents so you have to stay. Most awkward sleepover ever. Then it turns out your parents didn't like you and made a suicide pact after they dropped you off, and left you to my family in their will because they thought my parents seemed as though they had it pretty figured out. Now we are siblings. LOVE ME!!!!

2 comments: