July 5, 2010

spontaneous combustion

I will explain that little reference later! Firstly, let me catch you up on some things that have been happening of late. While in Nagambie the other week, I fell in love with a farmhouse kitchen hutch at the local antique store. Nobody understands my love for it. All i know is that I LOVE it. Let me re-iterate... L.O.V.E! It is pretty wrecked but i like history that goes with it.

This hutch, more affectionately known as "Billy" was built in the back shed of a local farm in country Victoria. Once built, it was proudly moved into the main house - positioned right in the kitchen, next to the family table. It wasn't long before all the hooks were filled up with graters and colanders, and even Mum's special tea cup as the family grew. Even the ole meat grinder made it to Billy's edge. One day, years later, Mum blearily stumbled into the kitchen at dawn to make a cup of tea before the day commenced, and to her horror discovered her beloved hutch was gone. All of her kitchen trinkets had been moved to the floor where the homey structure once stood. Nobody knew what had happened to it, and Mum was flamin' mental - for lack of a better Australianism. Unbeknownst to Mum, her 22 year old son Peter had taken it to his shack, which he had been slowly furnishing so he could run away from his abusive father. Peter wasn't very good at looking after himself and sadly died sometime later, in his shack in the middle of the bush with nobody to pray his soul to the next life. It wasn't long before drifters moved in, and began using the hutch as a place to skin animals for their meagre bushman dinners. Eventually the drifters moved on, and the shack sat there virtually untouched for nearly 30 years. Only birds and other critters moved into the doors, creating nests in the safety of its country womb. Some mushroom hunters stumbled across the shack one day in the late 1990's and decided it would be the perfect place to set up a meth lab. That carried on for a while until the Police received a tip-off and shut it down. The hutch became evidence for some time until the Police all decided it was too feminine to keep in the station and had to go, so it was sold at a Police auction like on the Simpsons! A nice old lady bought it, and gave it a good home until she passed a few years later. This is when the man from the Nagambie Antique store found it when her family held a garage sale for all of her belongings. Then in came me.

Whoa. Anyway here is Chester in a bow-tie:


He was celebrating my birthday with a red bowtie - to fit in with the red theme of the little party i held at home.


I got very spoilt, and my friends made me all kinds of goodies (ie. Cookies and cake)! I kind of mangled the rainbow cake when i cut it up. It was a giant cupcake with yummy icing :) I hear it took Michelle and Jess 5-6 hours to make!!!!!


A few people got really into the spirit! The next day Josh's step-bro went to get me some coffee while i started the clean-up... and it was in this weird product placement cup!!


As i was walking around drinking it, Maki realised my foot was gushing blood..



EEEEWWWWWW - i should have warned you not to look...
EXPLANATION: DO NOT DRINK OUT OF PRODUCT PLACEMENT CUPS OR YOU WILL SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST STARTING WITH THE FOOT
Anyway that was LASSTTT weekend, and then my birthday was after that sometime - i will take some pixxx of my cool presents!! On Saturday just gone I went around to my dad's place cos my bro DK had gotten me a present. Turns out it was "Liquid Smoke"! I thought i took a picture of it, but i guess not. He got it from "USA Foods" in Moorabin. Here's what else he got..


Woah. So many lollies. So many... American... lollies. Yeah anyway so now that my Crater Face car is operational, Josh and I took him for a little spin up to Trentham to get some nice Red Beard Bakery Pies for lunch. It was a slow start cos we are kiiiinda obsessed with watching True Blood so we watched 2 eps while we drank coffee in bed, and THEN hit the road:

Awwwww yeah! My boss got me those dice for my work b'day party. We buy eachother $2 presents :D awesome present Steve, awesome present!
Josh and I got out of the car and went wandering around, and saw these cool train tracks...


And then after that long lazy day I went home and capped the night off with some nice tea - in beautiful teacups courtesy of my friend Simon - for my Birthday!

I think i now have a teacup fetish.... I want to get my own tea-pot!!! OMG I AM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment