July 20, 2010

dinner with hollywood

in the usual split second decision making moment in which i come up with a post title, that popped out. I must explain. I have a friend who is an aspiring actress. We used to work at the reception desk of a backpacker hostel together and she left to go to Hollywood to pursue her dream. No joke! So off she went, and now she is back - about a year or more later! Last night we caught up for dinner and she told me all about from when she had lunch with David Wenham in Hollywood all the way up to her audition earlier that day for the role of "dead girl" on City Homicide. I asked if she has been practising laying on the floor and trying not to breathe or blink, and she said she hadn't thought of that yet :O That would be totally hard. So anyway yeah she went to hollywood, and the word "Hollywood" makes me think of these guys:


And these guys used the nickname for a guy from L.A, therefore thats now her name. So Hollywood and I went out for a coffee in Degraves Street where she showed me her paper wallet. That is not a euphemism, she really does have a paper wallet, see:



And that's her being all gangstaaaaaaa with all her $5 and sugar packet ciggie. After that we thought it would be fitting if we went to the same place as our last "date" which happened to be a soup shop in Campell Arcade (the extension of Degraves). This is the creepy yet cool arcade...

And this is "The Soup Place". I got Morroccan Chicken and she got Soup of the day which was potato, leek and mushroom i think. Pretty good, and we got a spinach and fetta borek to share, mmmm-mmm!

Mine was really good, i pretty much inhaled it. I only wish it wasn't so freaking cold outside! It was about 8pm when we left and it must have been below 5C at that point. I was seriously frozen as it was outdoor seating only and no heaters. Yeah then I had to go to Flinders St Station and wait another 20mins in the cold for a train. I was feeling soooooo sore and ill by the time i got home, and was super glad to see Haydz home cos i knew the heater would be blasting. And it was. And it was amazing. And may I add that it was one of the best showers I have ever had! The worst was in a Buddhist Temple in Japan atop a freezing cold hill where the hot water had run out... ordinarily it would have been awesome, but... y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment