July 8, 2010

look what i got at the REJECT SHOP!

Hey hey hey! So, to say that I was totes excited to get home last night cos it meant that my new bedside tables would be there would be a gross understatement. This is one of them:

My cousin and friend both contacted me about this range of furniture at the Reject Shop and i was really pumped. I dont want to tell you what i had been using previously as bedside tables... they ruined the whole vibe of my room. And I am getting really excited about my room now. For ages it was a shambles and I didn't like going in there but now it is becomming my little peaceful zone and I love it :) I even have 2 chairs in there now! Anyway the bedside tables were $80 each - which is really good compared to some of the other ones i liked from other stores :O

My favourite thing to do in my bedroom, contrary to Josh's Lafayette-style website, is to read in bed on a weekend morning with a cup of tea and maybe some toast. The sun comes in and warms up the room as i read on and on, with chester snoozing beside me. So good.

So last night as i was removing my other bedside tables and all the junk they held, i came across some of my school year books. My friend Mel was desperate to see what I looked like 7 years ago in Year 11. She saw the picture of me on my Japan camp... in the middle of Japanese summer with my t-shirt sleeves rolled up, wearing a visor, skate shoes and 3/4 denim....shorts...? pants...? anyway I haven't heard her cackle that loud before I don't think. I'll admit it was funny, and yes Maki was correct when he said i looked butch. Looking back on those photos is embarrassing and i wish i could go back and correct all those mistakes, but we all make mistakes in fashion right? yes. The funniest part was that Mel saw me in my school uniform - collar shirt and tartan skirt - and was like "oh, you look alright here... more feminine." MORE feminine! NOOO!

Anyway here is my stool. I was meant to post a finished picture ages ago but i lost track. The other one broke when Josh sat on it - him and all his whopping 55kg! I also have a mirror or 2, they are still to come as i havent properly removed the tape from the glass haha!

Also, I don't have any other pictures in relation to the topic, so here is the creepy Gelati van that used to drive around near my old house:

It was creepy.

1 comment: