July 26, 2010

12) Build a generously endowed snowman

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!


Aight, so I may have put this one on my list of wonder knowing that i was going to the snow in a matter of days, BUT i know i probably won't be heading back there for a few years so you know what they say... When opportunity knocks, invite it in and have steamy sex with it on the kitchen bench! So my first list item was completed on Saturday, woohoo!! At work we got offered spots on a famil trip to Mt. Buller for $104 for the day. That included bus transfer to and from the mountain, snowboard hire, pants/jacket/boot hire, a snowboarding lesson, a day's lift pass, free beer and some pizza. I think that was it but usually a lift pass is $100 by itself, so yeah as if i was gonna pass this up! So here's me with my glasses under my goggles. fog central...


During the lesson, looking at the amazing view. It was clear skies and about 7C (which is pretty warm), and we were actually sweating. It took me a while and a lot of falling on my bot bot to master the art of snowboarding but i eventually got it and was soon going way too fast to stop. But the easiest way to stop in those circumstances is to stack it. Hard.

After the lesson, i was too sore to continue doing any freestyle boarding so I decided to start on my snowman! All i had to do was kneel in the snow and start digging, and i was suddenly surrounded by Indian kids who wanted to help me :) They were so cute, and they told me i had a pretty name! I get that a lot, and usually it's followed by "oh wow, thats my dog's name!!" haha
So eventually their parents coaxed them away from the strange lady (ie. me) building the snowman and i was left to my own devices. Usually that's where the trouble begins. So without their young impressionable minds around, and with the sun rapidly setting upon my work station, I had to hurry up and finish my rude snowman. Here we are getting all hot and heavy:



We got along famously! Hmm, I feel kinda bad cos the little kids gave me the carrot to use in my filthy plot! Haha oh well! If you haven't been, Mt. Buller is awesome! It can get pretty expensive I guess but great times are to be had up there, that's fo sho! It was a great great loooong day, and i came away relatively unscathed - which is more than i can say for my boss who broke his wrist and elbow :O i had no idea it was that bad cos he put on a brave face, but when his hand turned blue and swollen we realised he was probably in a lot of pain. I guess that's what you get for turning down a snowboard lesson and trying to teach yourself on the intermediate run huh? I heard that even after he did it, he kept going and just trid not to land on it!! Oh my gawwwwwd what a silly billy!
So in terms of the other list items, I have to think of a new dish to cook for this week, and have to think of a July poem too. My friend Megan wants to help me achieve list items 15) camping and 20) skinny dipping! AND her boyfriend owns a shisha so she says I can use that to achieve #3! Smoke up smoke up!

1 comment:

  1. Love the snowman JK! Especially the bit you did when the kids left ;)
    I can't believe your boss, ouch. Pretty brave to keep on snowboarding! I'm glad you had fun! xx

    ReplyDelete