July 13, 2010

gyozaaaaa!!

howdy y'all! This here is the first food post in a coon's age :O sorry, I have been reading a lot of True Blood and that's the kind of thing you'd be likely to find in there - right alongside "making whoopee" and "Mr. Happy" in reference to a penis. Hmm.

Anyway, seeing as i haven't cooked anything new or blogworthy in about a month, and haven't been grocery shopping in about as long, I decided this week that must end. Last night I had Japanese noodle soup and spent the rest of the night making GYOZA!!! My freezer is empty now as I have been super lazy of late and eaten all the frozen leftovers that thoughtful prehistoric Jade put in there for the CBF future Jade. I killed them. LOL... "I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!".... 10 points if you get that joke.

So now I have to start stocking up again with little freezer filling goodies :) I've been wanting to make gyoza again for a while, and this time i made 2 fillings!! I made my usual pork ones and i tried a prawn and leek filling too. Here are some pixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

The cabbage for the pork ones


The prawns for the prawn ones (duh)

I wanted to watch about 3 shows in a row last night so I set up a "floor kitchen" with an old beach towel so I could enjoy the best of both worlds. If you happened to catch it, the Mighty Boosh doco was rather fun :)

Chester was mighty curious at the smell of pork and prawn ^_^

Here's the "sex pork" mix... mmm

and the "raunchy prawn" mix. hey if i ever open a bar i'll call it the raunchy prawn. haha


And those are my little gyoza babies! I birthed quite a few on my loungeroom floor, yessir. Like a bitch and her pups i was. Stupidly I didn't count how many i made, and i forgot to bring the recipes today so i could put them up here... i'll have to update later but i hope you enjoy the pics nonetheless! You know what else is exciting?? I'm seeing Eclipse again tonight :D hoorah! Jackson Rathbone watch out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. seeing eclipse again!! haha. it must be good.
    the gyoza looks awesome!! love the pic of chester looking on.

    ReplyDelete