July 22, 2010

24 things...

Hey crew! So lately I have been thinking of direction. Direction of everything in life! As you know I haven't been blogging as avidly as I used to. Part of this is because I lost motivation to do anything that constituted as interesting and felt that nobody really wanted to hear about what I had to say. So i basically stopped. But that is no direction. Now I realise again that I am super awesome and you peasants should feel lucky to read anything that I produce. You're lucky i don't charge you to read this, really. So I decided that the only way is up (BABY)... or forward. So as I have many things i have to work through financially this next year, instead of letting that get me down and being the focus of my life, I am going to create a list of things to keep myself pre-occupied. I'm sick of never meeting my little 'goals' i set for myself, and I'm sick of saying "one day i'll..." or "i've always wanted to...". Those thoughts can S my D as far as I'm concerned. So everyone, behold my amazing list:


24 things to do before I turn 24

1) Create a piece of Art for the house
2) Have a feast in an African Restaurant
3) Smoke from a Shisha (Hookah)
4) Go to Darwin
5) Make a Croquenbush
6) Have a “Cry Fest” Movie Marathon of the saddest movies ever made
7) Help build a pergola for the backyard
8) Give the Front and back gardens a cheap make-over
9) Visit 5 new Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurants
10) Try 5 new fruits eg. Custard Apple, Dragon Fruit etc.
11) Do some volunteer work
12) Build a generously endowed snowman
13) Visit an “abandonment” and take photos
14) Adopt a foreign accent for a whole day
15) Go Proper Camping… no electricity
16) Road Trip to a new location
17) Weekend Sleep Deprivation test – Do not sleep Friday or Saturday night
18) Cook 1 new dish every week
19) Write 1 poem every month
20) Go Skinny Dipping/Frolic Naked/Nude Beach
21) Build a chicken coop and get some chickens
22) Climb a mountain without hyperventilating
23) Sleep under the stars
24) Have a picnic in a strange location

Ok so it has taken me a few days to get this list to a place that I like. There are a few things on there that I have talked about doing for years - as silly as they may seem I just want to do them. A few other things are those things you always think about or look into or even joke about but never go through with. I didn't want to add anything too hard that i won't follow through with, or anything too expensive that will destroy my budget. Of course they should make for interesting reading/pictures - especially the naked one :P As soon as I push "Publish Post" it is on. If this is succesful by my 24th birthday on June 30th 2011 then my list for next year will be even more amazing and daring! STAY TUNED!

4 comments:

  1. amazing jade, i hope i get to join you for some on these list....i might write my own right now, you have inspired me. loves xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it jade! i remember once i made a list where i wanted to learn something new every year of my life, life how to play poker (in my earlier years) and how to play lawn bowls and golf properly (for my later years). needless to say, my list was unfortunately abandoned. or lost, one or the other! anywho, i would love to help you out with numbers 15 and 20(!). and james has a shisha which should help you with #3!
    wishing you heapsa luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Megan is helping you with Numbers 15 and 20, and James, with #3, can I help perhaps, with numbers 16 and 24 and could I read some of #19.
    Good luck, go hard. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol list of wonder. looks awesome!! some more than others ahah...what is the motivation for number 6??

    ReplyDelete