August 20, 2009

time erodes life and various other emo crap

today i mean to collect a lay-by i have at a store in Melbourne. It is just a cardigan, but it is a super cute cardigan which i couldn't quite afford on the weekend so i had to wait until pay-day to collect. It is a marching band style navy cardigan with a cream decorative design. It's a little bit Sgt. Peppers i must say. ANYWAY as i anticipated my upcoming possession, i decided that i should wear something that will match it so that when i pick it up, i can wear it for the afternoon :P I remembered i had seen some navy stockings in my "hosiery drawer" which i have never called that before - i normally call it my second drawer, and it is the most interesting drawer that i have. Anyway. As i started to put on the navy stockings i saw that they had a back seam and a bow on the back of the ankle. Sort of like this... but they were full stockings and the bow wasn't attached, it was part of the print....





I was really delighted, because i actually did not know that i owned a pair of back seam stockings haha. I started to wonder how i could possess something and not even realise what it is, or where it came from. Then it dawned upon me. My nana, who often gives me christmas presents that she finds around her house, gave me this packet of stockings a few years ago and said that she found them somewhere in her house and thought i would like them. this was at the point in my life where i didnt wear skirts and dresses EVER so i was like "yeah sweet thanks..." then removed them from the original packaging and threw them into my second drawer to be forgotten about until this very day.


So then i realised I was wearing 40 year old stockings! I was pretty chuffed, and was starting to feel like i should also quickly go and pin curl my hair in the remaining 10 minutes before i had to leave and put on my corset and wear some high black heels. I went to make my lunch and was happily working away on a sandwich like a sexy minx back seam housewife, when i squatted down to get a tupperware container from the corner cupboard, and the stockings tore at the knees! THE KNEES! the elastic or whatever was so old that a simple bend of the knee was enough to make a gigantic run halfway to my shin! WTF! Needless to say i panicked and tore around the house looking for other stockings to wear, and got angry at my blak stockings for 'hiding from me'. Poor josh woke up to Tassie Devil spinning around the bedroom throwing clothes up in the air, cursing her stockings like a cross dressing sailor, and turning on the light in order to blind him.


Now, i am not a plump person, so it seems these stockings just gave up long time ago. It was actually really sad because the stockings never got to see the light of day! They stayed in a packet for like 40 years then i put them on for 5 mins and now they are ruined. In the short life in the "sun" they enjoyed, they experienced my bedroom, my hallway, and the kitchen cupboard they were facing while i made my lunch. I feel like i owe them something. maybe i should have a ceremony.

1 comment:

  1. so sad. too bad you didnt have a chance to jump into a photobooth to get pictures to paste into your scrapbook, commemorating your time together

    ReplyDelete