August 10, 2009

Chair $5-

I went to Camberwell Market yesterday and we got there a bit late so had to rush, BUT i still managed to get a super bargain! In fact it is the second best bargain i have ever got - the first was the desk i found on hard rubbish collection which was, obviously, free! The guy at the market wanted to get rid of everything in his stall including a really old chair that he had priced at $5.00. All it needs is some re-upholstering! I will skip the zebra fabric this time, but seeing as the chair was so cheap I can afford to get an awesome fabric to re-cover it in :)


It's a bity skanky, I mean, the fabric on the top corner is all worn away and its really grubby. It is really old as well, you can tell because of... well... everything about it! I said at the time that i reckon its like maybe 1920's - or at least it is made to that style. but what do i know?? It could have been made last year to LOOK old for all i know. You know how companies are these days with teir "vintage" looks. Jeans designed with rips and scuffs. lol. Anyway Chester made himself right at home on it as he always does with new things!



Oh Chester, what a cute little gentleman. Jesus Christ... professing my love for my cat in print makes me realise how lame i really am. sigh.

Anyway stay tuned for another DAFTLY DIY PROJECT with this chair. I have some great ideas :)

1 comment:

  1. ohh this is the chair haha. its too bad you have to cover it, that pattern is rad in an old fogey bifocals cup of tea and board game kind of way

    ReplyDelete