August 6, 2009

preparing for the big roasting

It was my mum's birthday two days ago, but she has been holidaying in Daylesford so we are catching up tonight. Instead of going out to a restaurant she wants me and my 2 brothers to cook her a roast dinner. They didn't sound very impressed when i told them, i think they like coming over to my house and simply eating what i have prepared.

Tonight we will be having roast lamb with roast veg (including roast beetroot) and cheesy broc/cauli bake! Mmm-mmm! ALSO I will be attempting my very first mulled wine recipe! It seems simple BUT there are a billion recipes out there which all contradict one another with methods and rules and flavours, so I am totally confused. I think i will just wing it a little bit and see how i go ;)

I just got back from the Queen Vic Market now, with all my lovely fresh produce, hooraaaah! Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment