August 25, 2009

my very first fritatta

yay so i was trying to think of something relatively healthy and delicious for dinner last night and i though WHAT ABOUT FRITATTA!? I have never made one, so i started searching recipes and picking out my favourite bits from all of them. I have had many a crap gelatinous flavourless fritatta in my day, so I vowed to myself that this one would be delicious. As it turned out I think i may have overdone the ingredients a bit so it didn't really look like that tradition block of egg with a few sqaures of colour in it. in fact you couldn't even taste the egg for the mouth-gasm of flavours in it! When i explained this to Josh he was grateful that the egg was kept to a minumum as he isn't a huge fan.

Basically i cooked some little squares of pumpkin, red onion, mushrooms, and wilted some spinach. Then i also grated 2 zucchini, cut up some sundried tomato, and crumbled some fetta. I used 6 eggs and crushed a few cloves of garlic into the egg and whisked it lightly. Then i folded the zucchini and fetta in, then added everything else, and salt n peppa'd it up. Then I poured it into an oiled frypan, and cooked for about 6 minutes or so:


Then i added some fresh cherry tomatoes for extra flavour on top, and also added some more crumbled fetta...


Once you think it's cooked through, put it under a hot grill until the top goes nice and brown :)
Cut out a wedge and EAT! that melty stuff ontop isn't scrambled egg, its fetta! (below)

In hindsight, I may have cooked it more in the frypan cos the edges were cooked quite well, and were solid, but the middle was a bit mushy. Oh man it was delicious though, I even have some for lunch!!!!! YESSS!

The good thing is, you can cool it down once you have cooked it, then freeze it whole (wrapped twice in glad wrap and once in al-foil, then just defrost overnight and cook in the oven with al-foil on top! woo-hooo!

yum yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment