August 17, 2009

ajisen ramen

Well, today started out rather oddly. Normally when you're working 9-5, you start to get into a bit of a droll repetitious routine, yeah. omg i'm one of those people. anyway, this morning i parked my car near the train station and started to walk along the path to the station. I only got a few steps when i saw a dead cat on the ground next to me. i was totally shocked. i consider myself lucky that i didn't step on it actually, that would have been beyond feral. I felt so sad for the cat, nobody cared about it, they just kicked it to the side of the road. And the owners must be wondering where their beloved pet is *sigh* what would a dying cats last thoughts be anyway? would they wish their owners could be by their side to send them off? or would they just go "woop, that must have been number 9..." ???

Also, when i came around into the alley where the side entrance to my work is, i was walking along the tiny path in my new red leather boots when a pipe burst on the wall and showered my legs with what i hope was clean drinking water. It did smell kinda funky so i have my doubts. fuck. it came from the apartment block next to us, and is the second flooding the alleyway has had in 2 weeks. ridiculous. It burst when i was RIGHT next to it, i bet there was a camera somewhere filming my reaction. I should have done something dramatic, like use my thermos of soup to smash the windscreens of the parked cars or something. hehe.

anyway, the THIRD weird thing was that i took my thermos of soup into the backpackers communal kitchen to heat it up, and when i walked in there was a guy sitting at a table sharpening his big (hunting) knife. I was washing out my bowl from the day before whe he said to my back "Today is the first time i have seen you around..." and i turned around and said something non-commital like: "errr, hehe, yeah..." and he said "why haven't i seen you at the reception desk before today?" and i said "oh... i work in the back office with group accommodation.." then he was like "i'm not a psycho... i'm a chef..." and i went "yeah cool... well you never know in this place he...he..." and then he wanted to know my age and where i lived. eeeeeeeeeeeeeep! i was outta there.

why all these random things?! I think i have upset the delicate fabric of space/time by doing some new things yesterday. For example, i spent the whole day looking at real estate and doing grown up things. Also when i got home josh was asleep (at 6:30pm!!!!!!) so i went to my dads place and let myself in to their deserted house then i grouted his bathroom. I had never done it before so i watched a very informative video on youtube first haha. I think i did a good job. If i can pass on any knowledge that wont bore you with the specifics and techniques, all i can say is WEAR GLOVES! my hands felt like the skin had shrunk a size and was about to split. yeah wear gloves..

OR maybe its like Final Destination where i was meant to die, and now the world is throwing weird/dangerous things at me. Like if i did step on that cat one of its bones could scrape my leg and its infected blood would get into my system, then i would die but most likely come back as a zombie or something. I hope you are all prepared for the zombie uprising anyway - just incase. Or maybe if i had bent over to tie my shoe infront of the pipe the water would have shot into my ear and scrambled my brains, or if it got in my eye it might pop my eye out and also scramble my brains. AND that guy was totally going to stab me so its just lucky i was so quick to get out of there! all those times watching the Scream movies have given me a solid understanding of what you should and shouldn't do when someone is chasing you with a knife.

Anyway, i don't know why i named this topic AJISEN RAMEN when i havent even mentioned it once yet!! Well, on the weekend Josh and I went for lunch at this ramen place on Bourke Street which i had heard about. They have tonnes of ramen and japanese favourites. This is the cute napkin:


We ordered Tori Karaage (Deep Dried Chicken) to start and it was SOOOOOO GOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!

I ordered the VOLCANO RAMEN, but it was so spicy that i couldn't really taste much for the ensuing 2 days. Nah not really but i'm pretty sure my lips died and came back again re-born like a phoenix from the ashes. It was good stuff, but i probably wont get it again, i'll go for something where i can evaluate the flavour.

Josh got the CHAR-GRILLED BEEF RAMEN! I tasted a bit, as you do, and it was delicious! The beef was so tender and yummy! I rep this dish. I also got a Calpico grape soda, but i forgot that its a milky soda so i think maybe that combined with the chilli was why i had searing stomach pains later that evening. Hmm. You live and you learn.

Yum, that looks so good, i want another one. The menu was pretty well priced - Ramens went from $8.50 to about (im not sure but i think) $14.00 prob for seafood ones. You could even get SETTO for about $14 which was a ramen with a starter and tea. MMMM. So yeah i will definately be going back time and time again until i have favourites of everything!

HAZAAAAAAAAAAAH!

3 comments:

  1. char grilled beef ramen looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh australian food is so cheap!
    - jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. tells me about it, cant wait to go again tonight!

    ReplyDelete