November 8, 2010

tea adventure


I was told by my friend Corey that T2, that veritable wonderland, paled in comparison to a place called "Tea Leaves". I was sceptical at first when plans to visit were forming, but upon arrival I was sure that Tea Leaves was way cooler. Corey said he would pick us up at 8:30am on Sunday morning, which is ordinarily pretty early, but when preceded by a long night of house-party shennanigans it is just plain crazy... 



Luckily I had made the apricot cake and had some picnic fare ready and waiting for our lazy Sunday drive to Sassafras. Josh and I somehow woke up at 8:00am, not long enough after going to bed, and hurriedly got ready with only the promise of some fancy tea on the horizon to spur us on. Once we were ready, Corey called to say that he was running late and would be another half an hour. Needless to say, Josh and I used this precious time to go back to bed fully clothed for naps. When Corey rolled up in his parents massive new car, I already decided I would nap on the way- I didn't want people at the tea shoppe to see my bloodshot eyes! I was surprised to see this little gem in the car...


Takes me back to primary school days where I would not only think that this was a good way to spend $2.50, I would also think that it actually looked nice on and around my eyes. And when the glitter paste dried up and flaked off my face, leaving behind a dry itchy spot, who cared? Certainly not me. Point is, I was mystified by this little stack. Maybe I haven't been spending enough time in the make-up section of the Reject Shop lately because I thought they were long gone. I can't imagine who it belongs to in the family... anyway! I did eventually fall asleep for a few minutes, and was awoken as we started heading up into the hills. What beautiful scenery it is up there! First stop, of course, was the Tea Shop:








As you can see, they had everything you could imagine and waaaay more! You really will just have to go and check it out! They boasted over 300 teas and also had flavoured coffee beans and chocolates! I wanted to buy about 5 teapots, but alas I bought none. I ended up buying some apple and cinnamon tea, some sencha infused with rose, and some ceylon rose tea bags (from the wooden box range). After we picked all our teas we went for a wander around Sassafras, stopping in at the antique store, the candle store, the vintage rockabilly fashion store, and lastly... Miss Marple's Tea House. The half-arsed picnic didn't go ahead :P 


Unfortunately it was booked out and we had to wait 20 minutes for a table. So we just looked around some more. Which wasn't really that unfortunate, otherwise I would never have gotten this picture...

 or seen this toy store with puppets hanging by their necks...


Then we had to do some more waiting at the tea room...


We ate some cottage pies and pasties and contemplated dessert but we just couldn't do it. I slept almost the whole way home and Josh woke me up because my head had fallen back and i had started to snore :O good thing I was among friends! When Josh and I got home we went and had another long nap and i woke up to this late afternoon sunshine coming into the room... 

then had some cupcakes and watched the best Sunday night shows... Modern Family, Ninja Warrior, Unbeatable Banzuke... and then watched the first episode of the Walking Dead which was aaaaweeesommeeee!


Today at work I had my rose tea:


And it was soooo nice!! $6.50 for 25 tea bags is A-OK in my opinion... especially when they come in a fucking awesome box with a slidey lid!! I will definately be going back to this place and already cannot wait!

3 comments: