August 3, 2010

mother ducker's house

Wassup pimps? For those of you who know me or my blog, by now you probably know about my mum's burnt out house. If you live around my neck of the woods you have probably seen the front but not the back. I was there the other day and took some pictures of the progress. Here is a before shot (just after the fire) and a shot of how it looks now....


it has been over a year now. Her partner is re-building it/extending but it is the slowest build i have ever seen. Mum must be dying to move in. The plan is that he is going to Africa around mid-September and the majority will be finished so that mum can take over the internal renovations. Her birthday is tomorrow and she said she doesn't want a present, she just wants us to help with the house. Pretty fair deal if you ask me. I'd love to pick up some more skills so i can renovate my own bombshell one day :) I have a dream house slowly materialising in my mind and one day i will have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment