August 9, 2010

week 2 dish - slow cooked vegie stew

hi y'all! so now it's week 3 of my list and i have to report on my dish from last week! I have always wanted to use a slow cooker, and i realised my mum has one so i snatched it for this! I reeeeally wanted to make a lamb casserole, but thought i'd try it out with a cheap recipe. Behold the mighty slow cooker...

So i gathered my vegies, including the cool red potatoes i got at the Trentham farmers market about hmm... a month ago..? that explains the little eyes growing from it...



i just thought the colour was amazing!! They were pretty yummy too :)

I sauteed it all in a pan with some oil, garlic, bay leaves, spices and cooking sherry for a little bit, then transfered it to the slow cooker. I added some mustard seeds and lentils then put it on low for about 5 hours, then turned it up to high for the next 3 or so hours.

totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product though, oops! I was busy in the garden and mending a dress. I will have to show you the pics of the dress, very exciting!! But yes, that was my first slow cooker experience!! It was pretty melt-in-your-mouthy... cant wait to try it out on lamb! Wonder what the electricity bill will be like after my new slow cooker phase haha.... oh god *tugs at collar*

1 comment:

  1. You used it! thats awesome.. so good yeah!!! dont worry about the electricity bill. only worry about those taste bubs you got!

    ReplyDelete