May 24, 2010

soup, plastic bag asphyxiation, and head shaving

Well, last night turned out to be quite the interesting night indeed! Firstly I made my first home-cooked meal in over a week and was so proud of myself. I fell off the horse hard-core after moving house and i went out, or got take away, or just ate poorly for most of last week. It was soooo good.... but so bad. and i cannot exactly afford that champagne lifestyle right now. i'm on the tap-beer lifestyle until i get myself sorted out! Anyway I made delicious pumpkin soup from one of my Jamie Oliver books, and served it up in my beautiful soup tureen which my friend Sarah bought me! I had to show her how lovely it looks on the table!! LOOK SARAH LOOK!



I'm not super sure what it was that made Josh go crazy... it could have been the amazing soup, or the funny episode of big bang theory on TV, or just something in the air... but he snuck up on me and put a plastic bag over my head. many times. here is one of us together!

Aw how sweet- couple photo! Yeah, and then Josh went more crazy.

And then he decided he wanted me to shave his head like we had spoken about. While Hayden started cleaning out his clippers I went looking for an image of Tim McIlrath from Rise Against with his partially shaved head to show Josh. I found the Rise Against DVD (Generation Lost) and remembered it featured in one of the video clips. Here is what i was envisioning (fantasizing) for Josh:


Oh Tim... how amazing you are...mmm. anyway Josh seemed excited by this hairdo, perhaps bordering on sexually aroused even. When we found out that the clippers didn't work we were disheartened for quite some time. I think we even watched a movie (Land of the Lost - super funny), and I cut my hair for something to do. Then Josh remembered that K-mart is now a 24-hour store so we headed over there at about 10.30pm for some new clippers. Once back at home, the hair clipping was imminent and it called for a "before shot".
hehe. Anyway we were remarking that all of the celeb crushes i've got have some patricular feature strikingly similar to josh. For example, tim mcilrath has that whole browny red hair thing and red beard goin on. When i started dating josh he had longish ringlets much like tim did at the time :O all josh needs is one brown contact and the deal is done! Josh feels flattered that i'm only interested in guys who look similar to him haha.
OK, Josh wouldn't hold still for long and I didn't get the *best* shots of the new 'do - also due to the crap flurescent light in the bathroom. Here is one of him dusting the hair off with his shirt...
and le finished product:
I think it looks super cool! And the best thing is, when he gets sick of that hairdo he can do the other side too and have a mohawk, and then he can shave his whole head too if he wants! Multi-do. Oh yeah anyone else see the resemblance to the post apocalyptic cillian below?
Good thing Cillian is also on my list ;)

2 comments:

  1. yay cillian! josh does look good. not cillian good, sorry josh, nobody can reach those heights. although he's actually quite short (cillian i mean - have i told you about the time i followed him up a flight of stairs?)
    btw awesome tureen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haircut for Josh. And you both look awesome in a plastic bag. Makes me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete