May 25, 2010

chillin' with mr joshua

So, I don't really know why but I took some pics of Josh's new place the other day. I think they are cool looking, and it is a pretty unique house...that's probably why.. anyway. I stayed there on Friday night and consequently awoke there on Saturday morning (afternoon) with the sun shining bright. From the backyard you can see the staircase.

As the house is on a hill, you enter at street level onto the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor comprises of 3 bedrooms and a small loungeroom which is used more predominantly as a storage room/walkway. Off that is the door to the external staircase to take you down to the bathroom, kitchen and cellar. I have already mentioned the cellar before... Josh's step-brother sleeps in there, but it is surprisingly awesome depsite the low ceilings, lack of natural light, and the door leading underneath the house (I envision a dead hobo and some monsters on the other side)... or perhaps those are the reason why it is awesome...? The blue door to downstairs is tricky, the handle is so touchy that you have to work out the correct angle to hold the handle on, otherwise the door doesn't close and swings wide open letting freezing cold air in. The staircase is not my favourite feature of the house when you wake up in the middle of a winter night needing to go down to the toilet.

Things were different on Saturday morning though, i saw the house in a whole new light. I was laying out in the courtyard in the midday sun, with little Daisy napping on me. Josh went inside and was gone for a while. What I didn't realise was that he was taking stalker shots of me from the bathroom window:



But then I heard a noise and turned my head to see my camera sticking out between the louvres. Bit of a shock.

So then Josh came out and gave me my camera so I could see the stalker shots, and I decided to take a few shots from MY perspective:







Then I got up on my stool/bed to get a shot of the view. Josh's window faces out this direction so that's the view at night.
I want to get some binoculars involved one night and see what's going on in the commission flats :D I'll prob make binocular-contact with some seedy naked person over there and we'll both scramble away to cover ourselves up... or will we?


the outhouse (toilet) and the tetanus fence

the moss collection. I actually think it looks amazing :)



The wood collection for those frosty nights seated around the fire

the gate which i dare not use. i think it goes into an alleyway... but i'm not 100%



Josh hanging up his washing :)

oh and I have been meaning to post this for a while. The last time i stayed at Josh's house, I was antagonising him and he pinned me down and wrote this on me:

Obviously it means "I hate Robert Pattinson"... and I got quite upset about this. Mainly because he overpowered me much to my protests of "DONT DRAW ON ME, DONT DRAW ON ME!" as he lowered the marker to my flesh. And also because it is a complete and utter LIE! damn you Josh, damn you!

2 comments:

  1. you guys are silly. love the photos :D daisy is so cute! & i like the view out the back at night, was looking at the lights on in the flats when we were round there the other weekend, was pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hand that says I h8 RP. Sorry Jade. You should write on Josh's hand I S2 KS.

    Josh's flat looks awesome as. I wish I could have seen it last time everyone went out. Hopefully he has another one of those nights but in the mean time your photos certainly are cool. You're such a good writer and photographer. I really enjoy reading the stuff you have to say Jade.

    ReplyDelete