May 6, 2010

my semi-triumphant return

Helllooooo (I want to say Buglers but i think it's copyrighted) everybody! Well, I'm back. I have been thinking about blogging for most of the week now, but have lacked the motivation... needless to say any form of enthusiasm towards anything at all really. To answer your question: yes, I am still bummed about my car. It still has not turned up so it looks like I am officially without a car, and almost without money. We shifted house last week so I had the whole week off work and it was emotionally and physically exhausting but we are finally all in. hooray!

I am definately not feeling myself these days though, that's for sure. I am really lapping up the "i got the blues" vibe too. I guess i haven't had anything to be really upset about in a while, so i'm really milking my chance to act out my feelings. It's kinda funny. I come home from work (after being picked up from the station and driven home - eep) and collapse face down on the couch where I lay for a period of time longer than normal. I have also had a bath 'to relax' which I never do. I have also let Josh talk me out of going to my old house after work to clean, and i 'took a night off' instead and curled up on the couch to watch a movie in the dark. I haven't quite moved past the 'Feeling sorry for myself' stage into the 'the world is shit' stage in which you really identify with songs like 'People=shit' by slipknot or 'raindrops keep falling on my head' or some other morose shit song. I'm hoping that i won't get there, and instead I'll get sick of moping around soon and my old motivation flame will kick in. Then i'll get a second job working nights and borrow some money from my parents to buy a car, and vow to pay them back in 2 months, and then end up having an emotional breakdown one day at my normal job... that old chestnut. All I know is that I seem to be an emotional eater type. When I'm sad, all I want is bad food. Luckily I have a pretty strong will and have been having soup, fish, lamb and salad lately. But today is just so wet and miserable that I had THIS for lunch:


well... kind of! I only ate a bit. I'm taking the beef home for din dins. The bentoo had TAKOYAKI in it :D so good, haven't had them in ages!! The miso soup was yummy too!!

Ok so depression over and back on track to my usual post styllle, let me show you what I got up to last night. Josh's older bro turned 25 and naturally I had to get him a twilight related gift as we share the common interest :P I picked up this "Team Jacob" mug that changes design when you put boiling water into it. I also drew him some hilarious twilight pictures of the most cringeworthy moments from the film including: "The Cullens don't come here", "AS IF YOU COULD OUTRUN ME!", "This is the skin of a killer, Bella", "You brought Dessert..." (with the head tilt) and of course k-stews face. that says it all. He really liked it! I also wrote the obligatory in-jokes and movie quotes on his card. I wrote something along the lines of: Another year older, another year further away from Edward. Will he still want you when you're a grandma? I believe you're more of a Jacob man though, so when you blow out your candles tonight you should wish for him to imprint on you. I'll blow on the candles at the same time and wish that Carlisle adopts me :D Be careful when you open your present - you don't want to get a papercut otherwise Jackson Rathbone will lunge at you, but I've got your back bro, I'll gladly take the hit.

haha. I could have written more but ran out of room and Josh was already shocked at the height of obsession that became apparent the more i wrote. So here are Bradd and Josh putting on a strange slide-show demonstrating the workings of the mug. I don't know where Josh got the banana or glasses from. They just appeared haha




and this is me trying to get Josh in a photo with me and the mug...


he wasn't impressed.
Oh and here are some shoes I saw in the street next to work. There are so many!



if you believe the myth, there must be a lot of drug dealers around... hehe

5 comments:

  1. if you start listening to slipknot ill be worried. i hope you feel better soon! the mug is pretty cool but not as cool as it could be..you know what i mean...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mich! i'm feeling pretty good these days, gotta start looking for a new car and PLANNING MY BIRTHDAYYYY PARTYYYY. haa. yeah there was no edward mug :( if there was, i can tell you that I would have bought it. oh yes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you would have slept with the mug. no need for hot water to change it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha jade no i meant how i was saying the mug would be better if it was like those stripper pens, you know?

    ReplyDelete