May 11, 2010

a melbourne romp

mmyes, mmyes quite so...

A few weeks ago, I met up with Hayden and his ex-girlfriend Giselle and we hit the town. She moved to Queensland a while back and has been hanging out bad for some Melbourne culture and COFFEEEE! So off we went to check out some cool shit. First off, we hit Antons in Melbourne Central. When I say "hit" I don't mean 'rob' of course! We were greeted by the Manager:

Not really, but he would make a good security guard - his eyes followed me around!!



One of the things you will notice is the astounding collection of figurines and memorabilia ALL over the store. The shop assistant told us that the owner is obsessed and wanted to show them all off in his store. There is just so much to look at. I even saw a Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) collectible. Cool.

And what shop is complete without:

NIPPLE TASSLES!!!
Next we headed to one place EVERYONE knows in Melbourne. Degraves Street. A small alleyway full of awesome cafes and coffee shops, umbrella'd tables and chairs dotting the road. Hayden wanted something Vegan, naturally, so we hit TOFWD (The Organic Food and Wine Deli) on Degraves...

lots of goodies were for sale...


and he got some cake:

and I got a bloody mary!This was a day or 2 after my car was nicked so i was drinking my sorrows away in the chilly afternoon air. I tell you, that drink had a little too much kick and i sorta kinda burnt my throat.

We got out beverages from here:

note: that man was standing there for ages reading a book against the wall. Not sure what was going on. He WAS next to a toilet door... so maybe he was pooing his pants cos the line was taking so long..?

the less attractive side of degraves. Oh and below is the Melbourne Central spire from inside..

priddy, no? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment