October 14, 2009

On the hunt for bento boxes (take 1)

Ok, so to brighten up my mood i went for a walk in the city, with the aim in mind to find a Bento Box. I couldn't wander aimlessly because I would not find anything, SO i had to think.... if i was looking for an asian lunch box... where would i go? Google search was no help - all i found were forums where Melbournians were discussing how hard it is to find cute Bento Boxes. So i thought Chinatown might be a good bet. I wandered down there in the cold/wind/rain as i remembered seeing an asian nicknack shop / newsagent a while ago.

It was 208 Little bourke street (on the corner of Little Bourke and Celestial Avenue). I couldn't really work out the name... it may have been Yan Fur or maybe Ha Ha, there were lots of words. Fun Fact: the building is historic as Google tells me.

Anyway the shop was big, and filled with lots of asian girls and heaps of KAWAII STUFFFFF, so you know you are on the right track. I found only one lunch box for $28.00:


It is pretty awesome. I also saw this other cool stuff.....

Mario Slippers ($29.50 a pair)

Doraemon fold-up chopsticks to take to school/work for eating a delicious bento lunch. ($8.50)

Mario Toys!!!

I love things that have my name in it. Near my house there is a Chinese restaurant called "Jade Stream" which is lol-worthy everytime i go past it.

This is a note tomyself that i have to go and eat at that Japanese Restaurant. mmmmmm


This restaurant was called Post Mao cafe. There is another nearby called Post-Deng cafe. I think i get it without having to be totally educated in history, eeeeeeeee. the picture below is kinda blurry but it said "Mao PLEASE!" which is what Asian gangsters could say. "grrrrrrl please"

Well that was a refreshing little walk! The next post will prob be about how BOOORING my graduation ceremony will be from uni. I finished at the end of last year but didnt realise i had to "apply to graduate" so i missed out on the first round of graduations.. oh well. i will be all by mysellllfffffff

1 comment:

  1. have eaten at post-deng. it was ok. it's certainly no wing-loong tho

    ReplyDelete