October 5, 2009

100thpostextravaganza

hello dear friends! This is my 100th post on subarashiiblog, hoorraaahhh!! I have been holding off posting for a few days because i was trying to think of something awesome to post in commemoration.... but obviously my mind grapes are not juicy enough so i will just post the usual nonsense that is an insight into my nonsensical existence. obviously if you are reading this, you enjoy my nonsense so we cool man, we cool.

On saturday i took part in a 15km charity walk with the "ampersand foundation" around the Botanic Gardens / along the Yarra. Our team "Stranger Danger" raised somewhere around $300 - $350 for our chosen charity so I felt a tremendous sense of pride and accomplishment. About 15 minutes into our 3 hour walk I saw this:

it was like a graveyard of fallen dummies and baby shoes. I don't need to tell you that it was fucking creepy and weird. Or do i? well, IT. WAS. FUCKING. CREEPY. AND. WEIRD. It was along Alexandra Avenue on the fence to the Botanic Gardens. I don't really see the point in this though. For one thing, if i see a dummy or a sock on the ground I'm not going to touch it, and i dont know why people would. Secondly, it's not as though some person will be strolling along here with their wee baby in the pram, and stop abruptly and go "oh... my... god! That's little jimmy's favourite dummy that he lost a month ago. Thank god i found it! All of the other dummies never seemed to pacify him like that one did. *pluck* here little jimmy, put this crusty urine covered thing in your mouth, mmm good huh?". 3 days later little jimmy dies, and his mother learns a good lesson. Maybe it is a shrine to little jimmy? who the fuck knows? maybe its a public art installation that cost the government 3 million dollars... that would not surprise me.

anyway i pretty much slept the rest of saturday because i was so tired from the walk and the nice sunshine made me extra sleepy. laaazy. i did eventually wake up to make some veggie stew and watch jumanji (awesommmeee flashbacks to childhood) and visit some firends, so it wasnt too much of a wasted saturday night. anyway on sunday i was hanging out the washing, and chester was with me doing his usual cute things:

suddenly i felt an eerie feeling like i was being watched. I spun around to see a strange cat sitting a few metres away watching chester and i. I thought for sure it would run as soon as it realised it was in the wrong back yard, and that there was a big scary person right there. I like to think all cats will love me, so i squatted down and did the whole "here puss puss..." to try my luck, and to my surprise the little fella came over and started rubbing his face on my hand! He didn't seem worried at all and he and chester were being very civilised with each other. I ran to get my camera and here is how i spent like half an hour... following two ginger cats on their backyard adventure... (insannneeee)

They have the same tail!


Eventually they came inside and were just following each other around for ages. Josh came home and joined me in my fascinating viewing of this strange cate phenomenon. He thought the cat looked like cornflakes and milk (probably because he was eating that at the time) so we named the strange cat "Cornflake". They started to tackle each other so i kicked them out and they just kept walking around for a few more hours until we left. I hope I see cornflake again, he was pretty cuuuuute :)

2 comments: