October 16, 2009

g-rad

well, i finally graduated! i finished studying (after 4 years) in November 2008, but now i finally can prove that i spent 4 years of my life working on this.

it was pretty funny. like 90% of the graduates were Asian, and their families were there all MEGA excited. They had gifts and floral bouquets and stuff draped over them, and when all the graduates had to stand their failies would be jumping up and down on the spot waving furiously at them with one hand, and a video camera in the other hand. my family were like "meh" and my mum even asked me when it was over "so you did a Bachelor...of Business...??" meaning she didn't really know what i have been up to for the last 4 years of my life. haha. oh i made myself feel bad.

also we didn't get to throw our hats into the sky. that only happens in movies. instead i got told 3 times to return my robe and hat and sign out by a certain time, and even when i was on my way there a lady grabbed me and was like "you have to hand in your robe, you know??" uh YES I KNOW! Props for being thorough though. I guess they missed the girl in the carpark posing by a rose bush then...? anyway hats in the air is too disorganised for a ceremony like that. They would lose so much revenue in stolen hats. It would be like a scramble for the bridal bouquet but less sexy.

1 comment: