October 27, 2009

growin' me own mushrooms

well well well, here i have proof of $20 well spent by me, because i am a crafty consumer! I bought a Mushroom Farm from Bunnings what seems like forever ago, and followed the instructions to grow your own mushrooms. As some weeks we spend $5 - 10 on mushrooms alone, i thought this could be a good investment - and you only pick them when you need them. No chucking out grey shrivelled mushies at the week's end!

Here is the delightful lid to the farm. I endeavour to grown an actual mushroom house, because either i would live happily ever after in it, or the deadly spores like on nausicaa of the valley of the wind would make me bleed out of all my orifices and die - but as it is an anime death it wouldnt hurt and i imagine i would float gently into the afterlife. maybe.

all you have to do is spray it with some water mist every now and then. I saw no results for prrroobably 2 months or something, and I was convinced it was yet another living thing i had killed due to negligence. At least thats what my case would be in the courts - as always i will plead insanity. THEN on Saturday morning i put some towels into the linen cupboard and looked down at the "farm" on the bottom shelf and thought i would give it yet another pathetic spray as though i were trying to give CPR to a zombie while wondering "does this meat smell off to you?" in the back of my mind. Anyway i opened the lid and shreeked MUSHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to which josh came over to see. Here is my mushie bebby on Saturday morning:

and on Sunday afternoon:

i think it's time to feast on that massive juicy organic linen cupboard grown wonder. i hope they dont get to a certain point and then start to shrivel! it may already be too late for him! oh god, oh crap, oh no! nah she'll be right mate. I heard somewhere that these mushroom farms yield more mushrooms than you can handle sooooo i guess i'll be the judge of that and let you know!

1 comment:

  1. The first picture of the mushroom growing looks like a japanese cartoon of a person with an afro and slightly "cool" frown and two black eyes...

    afro is amazing for a white guy

    -Tex

    ReplyDelete