January 11, 2010

so long and thanks for all the fish

HIGH! Monday again... weeeee! The title of this post does not denote me writing a final post before disappearing into oblivion, rather it is just a homage to the hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy books which i love so dearly. Glad we cleared that up, now we can move on... So the past week has been pretty interesting i suppose. I saw some cool things, namely Exhibit A through D....

Exhibit A) Roof people:

These people live on roofs (rooves?) just like you would live indoors. I startled this particular roofie (lol) as i think he was going to the toilet at the time. my bad!

Exhibit B) Mascot Bear:

This bear is the mascot of my friend's house. After a quick google search i find it is called RILAKKUMA which apparently is a combination of Relax (in japanese pronounced RILAKUSU) and bear (Kuma). While it is pretty cute, it doesn't look as though it is relaxing. It looks more like it is standing guard, monitoring the room through its robot eye room-scan device. I can just picture it detecting movement of a spider across the room and springing to life... jumping down to the ground and taking tiny measured robotic steps forward toward its target, walking right through anything in its path -even the couch - until it reaches its target wherupon it raises its tiny arm and shoots a laser at the spider - incinerating it into oblivion. Totally.
~
Exhibit C) A Door with a handle in the centre:

I was told that the lock mechanism is custom made and is the length of half the door because it has to reach the doorframe. One question.. why? It is really awkward to open and close as the door is heavy, and it is a strange place to be pushing the weight from. Well, if i were an engineer or architect, maybe i could have given some different advice. But i'm not, so my words are pathetic nothings on the breeze. Oh well, i will just enjoy my door with the handle on the side.
~
Exhibit D) John Lemon

I found this in my dad's car on Saturday. He was sitting in the passenger seat and I had to move him when i got in. I got this creepy "survivor" Wilson vibe from it... i didn't know my dad had such trouble making friends. The thing i hate most about him is the dead look in his eyes...well in his Tek Screws. Dad said one of the guys that works for him made it and named it. Sure Dad, sure.
~
~~
Oh, sad news on the weekend... on Saturday my fish Tweedle-Dee Died at the ripe old age of 3.5 years :(
Just after I unveiled him to the world on my blog, along with the new blue rocks and plant, he left me. The fame got to him I guess... life in the spotlight perhaps was a little too hot. Secretly I think it was the drugs, i even once saw him wrapping the fake plant around his neck in what i can only assume is his wardrobe. It was pretty devastating cos I had to flush him, and i couldn't deal with cleaning out his bowl so soon after he was floating in it. I just covered the opening with a tissue box, but Chester was confused as to why he couldn't access his drinking bowl. He eventually outsmarted me and pushed the tissue box off with his nose and went to have a drink of the DEAD FISH WATER. I ran across the room and grabbed him and tipped the water down the sink as he watched me in outrage. He promptly jumped on the bench to where i had left the empty bowl sitting, and tried sticking his head in it to get some water which made me get pretty emotional. He refused to drink water from his ACTUAL water bowl next to his food, and i was worried he would dehydrate. I had friends over on Saturday night and Chester showed them all his heart-wrenching display of loss and longing for his full fishbowl. I think it pulled many a heart-string. Damn that ginger cat.
~
On Sunday Josh decided that we should probably get another fish to restore the balance in the house. We were at his dad's place and they said we could take one of the fish from their pond. We went out and sat by the pond in the sunshine watching the fish for probably half an hour or so. Apparently all the fish in there, and i'm guessing there are about 50, are all related. They bought a few from the pet-shop and every year they just keep breeding so now there are fish of every description swimming around! They named one Hitler because it has a little black moustache and a little black patch on its head for hair. Also one is called Mick Jagger because it has big red lips. Another one is called Sinker because it has a problem with its "swim bladder" and when it stops swimming it just sinks to the bottom. Interesting.
So i picked a little one and took it home and this is him/her:

I wanted to call it Ron Weasley because it has a red head, but Josh isn't cool with that, maybe because i had a crush on Rupert Grint for a few months recently heh. He said "Ron" might be ok, but wants to brainstorm a list of better names. He suggested Frank which i like, but we'll see how we go. Here is Chester having a loooong drink from the renewed fish bowl, notice the fish's face hahaha it looks like he is screaming:

Well the dog drinks from the pond where the fish used to live, so he is ok with the cat. Today i have to go the the pet store near my work and get a new tube for the aerator that Josh's dad gave me. I have never used one before, but i really want to try and get this little guy to live longer than Tweedle-Dee. Could be a little tough. I wonder how old this fish is... or even how old Tweedle-dee was when i got him. Maybe he was already like 50 years old! Nah. The more i think about it, I dont think fish are meant to be kept in bowls, they last so much longer in ponds and grow so big. I want a pond now. But first i will be concentrating on my chicken plan. I plan to build a coop and have some cute chooks :) hooraaaahhh
anyway, i have lots more to say but i will save it for a new post as this one is getting quite long! Toorah lovies!

2 comments:

  1. Jade that fish looks like it is screaming! Are you sure it's cool with chester?

    -stevo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that last pic is hilarious

    ReplyDelete