January 15, 2010

muerta: the fallen

well. this is a bit of a huge post. not so much in the way of length or awesomeness, but more in the way of curse breaking. let me explain...

Lately, my most beloved possessions (only the ones i blog about) have been under attack from the forces of death- the very ones, i suspect, that were at play in the tragic real life story "Final Destination". I don't know what i have done to deserve this dark cloud of death to be hanging over my homestead. Either someone out there has some seriously misguided grudge against me and has laid a curse upon me, or the ancient Greek Gods have cursed me for being so subarashii and having an interesting B-LoG. Probably the latter.

I hope that by commemorating the fallen, I will in effect reverse the curse (lol rhyme) and save everything else i blog about from dying too. Here it goes...

UNO
Oh sushi cup, how i loved thee. I didn't mean to kick you off the footstool and shatter you into a million pieces. I do not regret immediately burying my face into a pillow and fighting the impending tears while Josh disposed of your body. You must understand I just couldn't deal with the carnage. I will never forget how you could hold the perfect cup of tea in your streamlined handle-less form, and how every time i even looked at you a smile would spread across my face. Thank you for being the most awesome cup in the whole cup shop in Osaka and for being so affordable. We had some good times hey? I have seen other sushi cups online but it just wouldn't be the same as you. I might just drink from Josh's similar cup with weird Japanese faces on it, until i can find a suitable replacement in my heart - if that could ever happen.

PS. I'm sorry I blamed Chester for smashing you, it was clearly my fault. Chester wasn't even inside..

DUO

Bento Box, Bento Box.... although I owned you for almost a year before you broke, and only used you twice.... i still loved you. It was a shame that your latch broke, and that you would fall apart when i tried to carry you. You still held up OK when i wrapped rubber bands around you to keep you together but who was I kidding- you had died, and the stench of your death dispersed into my food and spoiled the taste. I still would like another bento box and because we weren't so close i think i can get away with ordering a cute one online. RIP
-
TRES

Oh Tweedle-Dee... I have already blogged about your demise but again I am sorry that our house doesn't have cooling and that you got blanched to death in the heat wave last week. You were a good fish for all those years, you were very understanding and strong. On the first night i owned you and your brother Tweedle-Dum, someone at the party put a sausage in your bowl to feed you. It sat there for hours until my brother saw it and removed it in disgust. That didn't bother you guys though, you took what you could from it - perhaps it was good for you even, because you lasted 3.5 years. Your brother was not so lucky though - dying shortly after. Even when Chester started trying to attack you in the bowl you didn't give in, you gave him a run for his money. Eventually after we trained him not to want to eat you, you still had enough trust in your heart to let him share your water every day. You also were very understanding if i forgot to clean your bowl and it was so green that we couldn't actually see you. And if i forgot to feed you for a week you stayed strong and got by on whatever you could - you probably ate your own poo to stay alive, who knows? I thank you for your friendship and hope you are in a better place.
-
QUATTRO

Oh little fish who was tentatively named Ron Weasley or Frank, how ashamed I am that you only lived for less than 24 hours in my home. I cleaned the bowl after Tweedle-Dee had gone, and had it all fresh for you. You even didn't mind Chester sharing your water. Who knows what killed you... the bacteria still present from Tweedle-Dee, the shock from pond to bowl, or the heat of your water which I suspect was the case. I feel very guilty about your death and I want you to know that I was hoping you would outlast Tweedle-Dee and also that I bought you an aerator so you could have bubbles, and some new vitamin-rich fish food. None of which you liced to enjoy.
Perhaps one day I will get another fish, but until that day I will remember both of you fondly.
~
Well, I think that was pretty good. Let's hope this curse has been lifted now and that it doesn't go after Chester or any of the humans i talk about :s (touch wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment