November 16, 2009

stick bowls, bento lunches, and nutcrackers

I have been quite the slack schmack lately and haven't blogged much at all. So last week i brought to work a rather un-japanese bento lunch consisting of leftover comfort food (mashed potato with mashed vegies through it) and some tuna, rice and seaweed. it was actually so delicious, and i had to eat it over two days cos there was a bit too much food for one girl. The mashed vegies comfort food was *like* my favourite thing ever as a kid. I would
mash all my vegies together on my dinner plate and then squirt some dead horse (tomato sauce) all over it. Whenever i am down or sick i love a bit o' mashed veg. Takes me back to the womb days pretty much. I imagine my womb days were very chillaxed as my mum didn't drink (although now she enjoys a drop or two) or smoke or do drugs so i was sittin' pretty. I wonder if a hillbilly baby is still safe in the womb or if the alcohol and drugs transform into little laser ships that shoot it in the soft head. it's kinda freaky how babies heads are so soft even after they are born. Josh's nephew was born with a massive cone head due to the suction cup thing and i worried that it would stay that way but luckily he is a normal, nay adorable, kid now with a nice round head. what the hell am i talking about... here is my bento:

then on the weekend i decided i was going to get crafty and finally make my stick bowl. i can't think of a better name. Basically in apollo bay i saw this cool bowl made of sticks painted white and thought "i could totally make that...." and so i did. I transformed this pile of sticks:

into this strange looking white nest. The shadows aren't really adding to its attractiveness. it actually looks kinda alright. I hot glued a whole bunch of sticks together while watching Pineapple Express and was shocked to see that it looks a little bit like a kindergarden art project. oh well. i haven't figured out what to put in the bowl yet. I suggested i would lay my baby jesus in it but it has these bits that jut out and would probably pierce his holy kidneys. oh well i'm sure i can think of something else to put in it.
oh and yesterday we did grocery shopping at ALDI and i got this awwweeeesome nutcracker man for a christmas decoration:

He is awesome and pretty big. Josh doesn't really like him because he has no lips and he says he looks too much like a zombie. preeeeetty fair call, but still c'mon he is cool. christmas decoration # 3 is on display. I am getting there slowly. I don't know why but i am super excited about this christmas! wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment