November 5, 2009

my loooong weekend

Well, here i am! After 5 days off work i am feeling.... honestly... crap. BUT I'm sure given time i will go from crap to 'meh' just like that! Over the weekend I was a busy bunny indeed! On Friday night I hosted a fundraiser party for the Cancer Council called "Girls Night in" in which we raise money for Breast Cancer research. I think we ended up raising over $200 :) hooray humanitarian hooray

the next morning Josh and I packed up and headed to greyer overcast skies at Apollo Bay. I may have been there once as a kid but dude I never appreicated how amazing it is! Although the weather at the beach was colder and darker than back at home, we still had a rad time. On Sunday i went walking on the beach to collect wood for an art project... when i came across this:



it was just a stick but it looked like a turtle head! i kept him :) I also took a few other pics of the things around, that is of course when i wasn't busy stealing flowers from peoples gardens to make a native floral bouquet haha.









This is in a place called "paradise" in the otways- just behind apollo bay. it was stunning!



My mum came over yesterday to show me the baby bird she rescued from a crow. Chester immediately loved it - but in a good way - not in a normal cat/bird way...



how effing adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment