November 30, 2009

cheese, onion and herb scones

This weekend I felt the overwhelming urge to chill the fuck out at home - and that i did. I seriously went from bed to couch to hammock. I watched movies, did beauty treatments, did some gardening, read home decoration mags, and read my book THE SECRET HISTORY (OMGGGGGG SO GOOD) and yes basically loved every second :D Oh yes, I also got started on my 2 projects which i will put in a seperate post :)

Sunday I was feeling in the mood to bake so I decided to make some scones! These were really easy and only used a few ingredients! Let me show you! Also one tip that i learnt AFTER making them was that the less you knead the dough, the fluffier and puffier your scones will be. Thanks for telling me when it was TOO LATE, RECIPE BOOK!!!!

Ingredients:

- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- small amount of rosemary and thyme

Method:

Preheat the oven to 210 degrees cencius (fan forced).

Cook the onion in a little bit of butter in a frypan until soft and translucent. Add some rosemary and thyme and stir in until fragrant.

Sift the flour into a bowl, then add the cheese and salt and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre then add the onions and MOST of the milk and water. Use a flat bladed knife to slowly bring all of the ingredients together as shown...

Lightly flour the bench and tip the dough out. VERY LIGHTLY knead and flatten to about 2cm thickness. Use a floured cookie cutter to cut out the scones...

Place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper. * Optional* Lightly (VERY LIGHTLY) sprinkle them with Cayenne Pepper.
Pop inthe oven and bake for 10 mins or until a bit golden on top.

Yummy yummy in my tummy blah blah blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment