June 22, 2009

Raclette party tiiiime

A few nights ago I tested out my Raclette Grill... fiiiinally! Basically is is a tabletop cooking device where you can cook meat and prawns etc on the top hotplate, and also put your little individual frypans underneath the element to grill them. Very fun. So myself and my female colleagues got together and put 2 of our raclettes into the mix to make a great dinner party.



We had Chicken, prawns, sliced boiled potato, cheese, mushrooms, capsicum, tomato, olives, carrot, peas, pineapple, onion, zucchini, broccoli, salmon and tuna. I think that's all...? Anyway you just make tiny little concoctions in the fry pans and put a bit of cheese on top - YUM! Here's some of the bowls - they were in every available spot ont he table. Note to self: square bowls...





I am already planning my own Raclette party menu at my place, i learnt that you need lots of potato, cheese, and meat as they run out really fast! I was also thinking skewers could be good on the top too, like have some skewers there and people can make up their own from the chopped ingredients. So I will add this to my list of dinner party ideas that i never go through with haha. First is the Japanese one that 15 people want to attend and there is not one available night in the next millenium when they are all free on the same night. Not my fault. It's organised sports that are to blame for the worlds problems... remember it. When suburban sports teams of every kind go to actual war and start a world-wide slaughter fest, I will be safe in my home enjoying raclette or japanese teppanyaki dinner party unperturbed by the bloodshed on the streets. omg i live right near a baseball ground - i'm in the epicentre of danger. meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment