December 29, 2010

CROQUEMBOUCHE... COMPLETE!

Ello, ello, ello! Well, it's that time of year again! The time between Christmas and New Years where you feel neither here nor there and feel like you've suffered a beating of the worst kind. Happy Days! I have something to tell you.... i have finally made a croquembouche! BOOYAAAHHHHH


It was completed at my friend Jess's house over 2 days. I think i jinxed the family and stressed them all out to be honest. Hope everything's ok over there now! So... we started off with the profiteroles!


Choux pastry was OK to make, although you have to add the egg 3 teaspoons at a time and beat, and there are 6 eggs in each batch we did! Good thing there were mix-masters going. Then the next day we did the Cointreau custard and assembled the whole thing!


That's me nursing a toffee burn on my knuckle, trying to get in finished quickly. I think if i ever ever ever make one again... i will not use toffee cos i don't like having scabby knuckles. sounds so bad... haha. It tasted really good, everyone was a big fan :)

Anyway, that's one more thing off the list, how exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment