December 22, 2010

cookin' up a storm

Hello fair ladies and gentle fellows! I have some news on the cooking front! Recently I made this asian vermicelli noodle salad for dinner. I didn't have much to work with in the fridge so i grated some carrot and cucumber to mix through the noodles, found a spring onion, some mint and some bean sprouts in the fridge too. oh and i put some finely grated purple cabbage through and added some splashes of sauces....



It was really yummy, although being the big eater I am, it wasn't enough to fill my tum tum. but by the time i got hungry it was late.... i often find myself contemplating second dinner around 11pm...but i almost always resist and turn in for the night. Oh, also, a few days ago i had quite the baking day! I made shortbreads, banana bread AND made a recipe i have been wanting to make for a long time!! CANDY CANE COOKIES! Let's watch:


Here are my Christmas stars... I thought i had a decent 5 point star cutter, but turns out i have this weird 4 point star cutter. who ever heard of 4 points? it looks a bit like a nazareth star...if that's a 'thing'. I'm talking shit again. Ok, so i used the lavender to make lavender shortbread love-hearts. Apparently got rave reviews... Also i used the over-ripe bananas to make banana cinamon bread. yummo...


And the Pièce de résistance... CANDY CANE COOKIES!

I have looked at this recipe every christmas for the past 5 years i reckon. Laaaazy! I finally unlocked the door to this cool recipe! Thats another 2 recipes off my list! But they were kinda fun to make.... actually they were really fiddly and the dough was almost like trying to work with water so they were annoying to make. But worth it.


That's the finished product. I put them in gift bags last night for some lucky people, but about 3 of them broke........ god damn it al to HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

So Christmas is in a few days..... woo! I am not feeling organised but i no longer care. This year i am feeling kind of grinchy about the whole christmas thing. I know decorating my house and baking cookies doesnt seem like grinch behaviour... but believe me, i was more excited last year haha. Need to be more positive about this time of year. promise to be next year. It should be a nice festive season, and I'm lookig forward to New Years Eve too cos I'm hosting the party this year and it's gonna be "Frat Party" theme. I hear Lady Gaga is making an appearance. I'll make sure I get a photo with her in my toga.. :)

1 comment: