January 24, 2011

it's about time...


HA! End Post. No not really. While that photo is indeed about time, the real message here is that it's about time that i pulled my finger out of my anus and started making some more progress on the house! I decided to paint, and the colour i wanted was one similar to what my dad used when renovating. It was picked for him because it complemented the blue laminate kitchen at his house, and obviosuly was the cheaper option as apposed to purchasing a new kitchen. And as my house is decked out with blue carpet (shudder) I figured it would match too. Luckily he still had about 4 litres left so i can use as much as i need. I think it looks much cooler....



I am going to do one more wall, as it looks funny just having that corner done. Now that I know it looks good, i'm going to amp it up! Wieew! Also, I have an electrician coming on saturday morning (7am) to install all my lights finally. I bought them sooo long ago! I was quite busy over the weekend!! I also set up the worm farm i got for christmas....

And here are my little wormy friends. I have 1000 worms to start with, and we'll see how they go! I think i can start feeding them now :)

After all that hard work, i sat down to a cup of apple and cinnamon tea in my new teapot and tea cup! Josh got me the teapot for xmas - he thinks it is garish but its the one i wanted, so he got it for me anyway just to make me happy :) what a nice boy! And i got the cup from my friend Claudia! It matches the blue ones i have :D awesome!

 Also, i did lots of cooking! I will post up the proper recipes in another post, but for now here is one dish i invented. I can't make it count towards the total 52 dishes cos there was no recipe, and i didnt really like it but i wanted to use my giant tube pasta i got from the Italian Deli in Williamstown...


 It fogged up the lense so i did a soap opera pose... as you do.....


Ok, yeah so it was one of those nights when i didnt know what to do... so i made bruscetta and also pesto (with waaay too much garlic - oops!!) and then sort of put it all together into a pesto pasta nest with baby bruscetta topping!

Visually it looks awesome but i didnt quite get it right. I might thik about it some more and attempt it another day :P I'll be back tomorrow with more food stuffs :D wooo hooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment